+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey James Season 9

Re: Casey James Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3870026;
    I can't help it, he is still my favorite. Yeah, the top three are Lee, Crystal and Casey, but Casey will get my vote. I know I am partially giving him extra points for those sexy looks to go with that sexy voice, but I am shallow (I admit it). He's the only one of the three who has the whole "presence" thing that could go the farthest in the professional music business.
    I'm not watching the show and can't make comparisons.

But Casey has "it" and will go far. Hope he keeps the humility.

It's kinda weird that he seems unaware of his appeal (surely he has had local women getting in line, before he went on this show).

I should have been a talent agent, LOL.

Just to clarify, I'm not just talking about his looks.

It would be interesting to know if he writes music, or does he just do covers. He's going to have to write (or have someone else write) to really make it big.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

So in RS' blog today he indicates that there is a rumor regarding Casey that hit the internet yesterday. Does anybody know what this rumor is?

Well, since you asked I went and looked. One is that he's gay - but it seems to be based on a joke someone made, not any real evidence. The other is that he's drugged out on pain meds from some accident he was in. Don't know if that one's true. While I was looking, I heard that Adam Lambert is the mentor next week. Was that announced or just another rumor?
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Yes, Adam is mentor next week, though I haven't yet heard any theme announced.

Re: Rumors. The accident is old news; part of Casey's "tragic backstory" that they highlighted in his audition. As for the gay rumors - he's not triggering any sirens on my gaydar, FWIW. It sounds like nothing more than a "he's pretty so he must be gay" kind of thing.

And major props to Casey for last night's performance! That was one of the best of the season for me. Starting with an incredible song choice - Casey reached deep in the vaults for a quality song, rather than go with the familiar. And then he did exactly what so many had hoped he would do - he stripped away all the musical trappings, so nothing distracted from the heart of the song - which he portrayed wonderfully. Great job!

What I liked about Casey's performance last night is that it's the first time he sang without smiling through the whole song. That's been striking me the wrong way, so I'm glad he stopped for once.
    Count your blessings!

Casey's performance of "Jealous Guy" has to be one of my favorite AI moments ever... I've watched it three times now and it is just beautiful. (And this comes from a die-hard Bowersox fan!)

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I was called away from the TV and missed this last night, so I just watched it now, and wow, I see why everyone was saying it was so great. Way to go Casey!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3872139;
    What I liked about Casey's performance last night is that it's the first time he sang without smiling through the whole song. That's been striking me the wrong way, so I'm glad he stopped for once.
    Oh, I love it when he smiles during his songs. IMO, it shows that he's enjoying himself. Just like I found Lee's smile infectious last night - even though some of his notes left me cringing.

It would have been completely inappropriate for Casey to have smiled during Jealous Guy. He did an incredible job of feeling that song. The only criticism I'd have is what a few others posted in the Show Discussion thread - I could have done without the vibrato. Having just the acoustic guitar and the cello was perfect - nice and simple. As long as he kept the passion and sang it simply otherwise, it would have been even better.

Quote Originally Posted by mom3;3872151;
    Casey's performance of "Jealous Guy" has to be one of my favorite AI moments ever... I've watched it three times now and it is just beautiful. (And this comes from a die-hard Bowersox fan!)
    I echo every word!
    Ain't Love Grand!

+ Reply to Thread