+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey James Season 9

Re: Casey James Season 9

Last edited by Unklescott; 03-17-2010 at 08:59 AM.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3856491;
    In case anyone is wondering, this is the correct link. "Play with Fire" was Didi's song, but this link does get you Casey's performance of "All Over Now."

BTW - Does anyone else have difficulty loading these yahoo videos? I usually have to try repeatedly until it works.

And thank you, Unklescott, for providing these links. These aren't blocked at work, so I can listen to my favorites while I'm working.

It was early when I posted these.
    They load right up for me. Have you tried the AI site? I was using their site to link to but you can't get a code to individual performances, just their page with all performances.
    Aaron Kelly: Angie - Performances - American Idol

I liked his performance real well last night. He definitely has a country sound to his voice and style.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3856556;
    It was early when I posted these.
    They load right up for me. Have you tried the AI site? I was using their site to link to but you can't get a code to individual performances, just their page with all performances.
    Aaron Kelly: Angie - Performances - American Idol

The AI site is blocked to me here at work. That's why I'm so appreciative of these links you supply!

I have listened to this several times. The more I hear it, the more I like it. This is what I like hearing Casey do - sort of a southern rock or bluesy type of song. The ballads are good from time to time, but I like his energy and the fun side of him.

Also love it when he smiles during his songs. Looks like he really loves what he's doing. And his smile reminds me a little of Peter Frampton. Might be the hair too (from back long ago), but it's just that sweet, almost shy, little-boy smile that is so endearing. And it's sexy on top of that. I'm too old and too married for him, but he is just so hot!

FORT Fogey

I don't think he gets enough props for his guitar work - which is excellent. And while I've been moaning that he needs to get out from behind the guitar - I'll give him a pass this week, since it's the Stones.

FORT Fogey

I don't know. I'm just not impressed by him. I like that he embraced the theme. I usually hate it when contestants kind of cheat their way out of sticking to the theme. I have to give him credit for that.

I think Casey's biggest challenge is going to be to get people to look past his good looks and focus on his talent. I'm afraid he will be the Michael Johns of this season.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I like Casey a lot. I think he's over the whole Kara thing so hope they let it go. It's not really fair to him since he's on the show for his voice and not looks. I'm a big Michael Johns fan and think his problem was less his looks and more that he was an early frontrunner who made some bad song choices. I don't think Casey has ever been a frontrunner but I think he could be if he hangs around for a while.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3857254;
    I think Casey's biggest challenge is going to be to get people to look past his good looks and focus on his talent. I'm afraid he will be the Michael Johns of this season.
    You really think so? To me, it seems that really pretty women make it further on this show despite their not-so-great voices. And it works opposite for the men? That's really interesting AJane.

Personally I didn't think that Michael Johns was all that great looking, nor was his talent. Song selection may have had a part in that but his rendition of It's All Wrong, It's So Right was freaking phenomenal. Like, weak in the knees phenomenal. I was still surprised he made it as far as he did. Was it his looks? Hmmm well I suppose it could be. Whatever floats ones boat I guess.

Now as for Casey. Yes, to me personally, he is scrumptious, sexy and talented. (I don't usually like blue eyed blondes either) Do I think he is the most talented vocalist there? Nope. But there is a tone in his voice that I do like and enjoy listening to. If he continues to do well, I will go out and purchase what he's selling. I have read some message boards and it's pretty much split that he is not attractive or sexy or good looking. I think that his looks were put in the spotlight because of his audition and Kara acting like a h*rny toad on national television. I have to wonder if Kara didn't find him attractive and made such a fuss over him would they actually have put him through?

Damn, good looking people have it so rough don't they?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread