+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey James Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Casey James Season 9

IMO, this was the best part of the entire night. Love Bret! Love how he seemed to engage Casey. Casey seemed to have tons of fun.

If anyone gets talked about in the media more than anyone else post-show, it will be Casey - because of Bret.

The irony. I love it.

FORT Fogey

I thought Casey did a great job tonight. He was better than the final two! Isn't that some redemption?

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3915811;
    I thought Casey did a great job tonight. He was better than the final two! Isn't that some redemption?
    Casey did do the best job last night of any AI contestant with his song. He was thrilled be up there with Brett.
    ==
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3915803;
    This show has NEVER been - nor will it every be - a show based solely on singing. It's all about marketability.

Casey's participation is completely consistent with how they've done things in past years....he shouldn't have said what he did because it hurt both himself and the show, but ... he's not wrong.
    It is supposed to be about marketability, but I don't think that has happened for the majority of people who have won Idle. Few of the winners go on to have board appeal and success and turn out to be unmarketable. In fact more of the losers end up with careers than the winners, except for Carrie, Kelly and maybe Fantasia.

I loved Casey and Bret last night. It made my evening! Perhaps Bret has an opening in his band for a guitarist. That would be wonderful and I bet Casey would jump at the chance.

I think Casey actually showed himself to be a frontman for a band last night - singing a song that suited his voice and personality, and actually performing with his guitar rather than just singing. Bret could be a good mentor for him.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I had forgotten that it's not only the top 2 who get to do duets with accomplished performers. What a nice treat that was to see and hear Casey last night, and for Bret to join him.

Could anyone tell what was written on Bret's t-shirt last night?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3916137;
    Could anyone tell what was written on Bret's t-shirt last night?
    Good question! Let me see if I can read it.
    It says "One Love" at the top and then "Bob Marley" at the bottom.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

As much as I've loved most of Crystal's performances and Casey's Jealous Guy, this performance was the highlight of this season and the one I will most remember. I can't stop watching the video, but I hope Bret will go home and get some darn rest!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

A tweet from Casey today.

Twitter / Casey Everett James: I will be working with Son ...

I will be working with Sony Nashville!!! Not sure the exact specifics, but there will be an official press release soon. Unreal.

+ Reply to Thread