+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey James Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Casey James Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3907984;
    Well, I'm still a CAsey fan and still hope he in the finals after tonight. He seemed to not be too concerned about the whole thing in his first tune last night. It's almost like he didn't put much time or thought into it. I don't like that. I wish he had worked real hard and it showed. I still like him more than Lee, despite Lee's hardwork and obvious drive. I still don't care for Lee at all. I don't like his look, sound or personality. I'm amazed that so many do. Not sure why. I think he is too sad for some reason.

What do other Casey fans think?

I still think Crystal has a small advanage over CAsey and Lee.
    This Casey fan agrees with mucn of what you've stated, Debb70. I thought that Casey's first song last night was safe, but it was pleasant enough, and at least he knows who he is and is comfortable with that. I've heard other work from him which is better, but I'd rather listen to that again than anything Lee has done since Fireflies. But Lee seems to have a lot of love out there and seems to have won over a lot of fans in recent weeks. I think he may win, even over Crystal.

Last edited by Unklescott; 05-20-2010 at 04:54 AM.

FORT Fogey

I want to rewatch Casey's hometown footage and see if they included any of his singing in it, as they did for the others. I remember a song playing in the background during part of it, but I don't know if it was Casey - it wasn't anything he performed on Idol.
    Last edited by I'm MEL; 05-20-2010 at 08:21 AM.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3908869;
    I want to rewatch Casey's hometown footage and see if they included any of his singing in it, as they did for the others. I remember a song playing in the background during part of it, but I don't know if it was Casey - it wasn't anything he performed on Idol.
    During the airing of Casey's hometown visit, I complained to my husband that they weren't airing any of his singing. When we heard Crystal and Lee sing, I commented on it again (even though I'm very glad they played "Holy Toledo". But "The Boxer" was painful to my ears). My husband said it's possible they had problems with Casey's recordings. I was very bummed about it. And now that I think of it, if they did have recording problems, they could have dubbed in one of Casey's previous performances, just like they dubbed in Crystal's original song.

Casey's farewell song was very touching - it made me cry when he picked up his little sister and sang the song to her.

FORT Fogey

Idol producers may not have shown Casey singing - but there is lots of video out there of his concerts both professional (like the local Fox news station) and amateur. Search for "Casey-James Homecoming" (without the quotes), and you should find a ton.

Of course you can do the same with the other Idols as well. Something unique about this group is that they all did some original songs as well as their Idol covers.

Did anyone else notice that during the Hometown video that there was a sign placed on a "horses behind" that read "Hi Simon"? I certainly got the significance of the placement of that sign on the horse, because I think that Simon was such a horses a$$ in so many of his comments toward Casey.

Taking nothing away from both Lee and Crystal, but it was very apparent that those were the two that AI wanted in the finale.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3909045;
    Did anyone else notice that during the Hometown video that there was a sign placed on a "horses behind" that read "Hi Simon"? I certainly got the significance of the placement of that sign on the horse, because I think that Simon was such a horses a$$ in so many of his comments toward Casey.

Taking nothing away from both Lee and Crystal, but it was very apparent that those were the two that AI wanted in the finale.

Didn't notice the sign myself, but I can certainly understand the significance of such. Not that all his negativity has been channeled towards Casey . . . plenty of other contestants have had more than their fair share.

I'll go half-way in agreeing with your last statement, with this explanation . . . Crystal has been a "chosen one" almost from the beginning. It was only in the latter stages of the season that she began to receive criticism (some of it rightly given). Lee had almost the opposite experience. He was dissed early and often and it was only with his growth, determination and improvements that he got the praise.

If the voting public truly picks the winner, than TPTB aren't the only ones who wanted it that way.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3909045;

On Tuesday night, I actually thought Simon was one of the more considerate judges. At least he said Casey sang his songs well. Randy was the one who blasted Casey most and made the comment about him being on the way out (even though he could have meant that all 3 are on their way out by next week).

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;3908898;
    Casey's farewell song was very touching - it made me cry when he picked up his little sister and sang the song to her.
    Aw, was that really his sister? Cute.

Casey is a fine pop-blues musician performer and I hope he can reap the rewards of his efforts on the AI (and suffering the unfair, tasteless treatment of the judges).
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread