+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey James Season 9

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Casey James Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3902917;
    Try this link for "Satisfied." Whew. Casey oughta do this on Idol. Again, it's Old School, but wonderfully authentic. He's got an old guy's blues voice and sensibility trapped in a GQ model's body.

YouTube - Casey James - Satisfied by Ian Moore

---
    If you enjoy looking at Casey as much as you like listening to Casey, check out some of the other videos from the same person on youtube. I liked one called "Freezing" (for the song) and another called "Road to Coming Home" (for the photos). There are some older photos of him with short hair and some with his hair a little shorter than what it is now. Ho-ho-holy cow. Warning: Could cause heart palpatations.

Well, I'm still a CAsey fan and still hope he in the finals after tonight. He seemed to not be too concerned about the whole thing in his first tune last night. It's almost like he didn't put much time or thought into it. I don't like that. I wish he had worked real hard and it showed. I still like him more than Lee, despite Lee's hardwork and obvious drive. I still don't care for Lee at all. I don't like his look, sound or personality. I'm amazed that so many do. Not sure why. I think he is too sad for some reason.

What do other Casey fans think?

I still think Crystal has a small advanage over CAsey and Lee.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3907984;
    Well, I'm still a CAsey fan and still hope he in the finals after tonight. He seemed to not be too concerned about the whole thing in his first tune last night. It's almost like he didn't put much time or thought into it. I don't like that. I wish he had worked real hard and it showed. I still like him more than Lee, despite Lee's hardwork and obvious drive. I still don't care for Lee at all. I don't like his look, sound or personality. I'm amazed that so many do. Not sure why. I think he is too sad for some reason.

I've said the same thing . . . . about Casey. I just don't get it. I feel like a kid who has missed their dose of ADHD medicine when Casey performs. He just does not hold my attention. I've tried to listen, but get distracted by any number of things. Yes, he is nice to look at. Almost "pretty", but that doesn't matter one bit on the radio!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

There's nothing Casey can do about Daughters, since it was handed to him in Kara's mistaken assumption that only women like Casey. That really bugged me because the underlying assumption the whole season has been that the only reason anyone would be a fan of Casey is because of his looks and not his musicianship. Despite the song choice, I thought he did really well with it and sang it as well or better than anything he has done all season.

My beef with Mr. James is with his first song pick. Why, when the judges hand you a ballad, would you then choose to do yet another ballad on the same night? I think Casey went with something easy that he already knew because the schedule last week was so rushed with two songs and the home town visits. I get that, but I think the song choice came off as lazy. I remember when David Archuleta was in Top 3 he had a ballad planned for his song choice; but when he got the judges pick (Billy Joel's And So It Goes) he scrapped his original song and prepared an up-tempo song instead so he would show some contrast. That's how you play the game when you are trying to win.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3908027;
    There's nothing Casey can do about Daughters, since it was handed to him in Kara's mistaken assumption that only women like Casey. That really bugged me because the underlying assumption the whole season has been that the only reason anyone would be a fan of Casey is because of his looks and not his musicianship. Despite the song choice, I thought he did really well with it and sang it as well or better than anything he has done all season.

My beef with Mr. James is with his first song pick. Why, when the judges hand you a ballad, would you then choose to do yet another ballad on the same night? I think Casey went with something easy that he already knew because the schedule last week was so rushed with two songs and the home town visits. I get that, but I think the song choice came off as lazy. I remember when David Archuleta was in Top 3 he had a ballad planned for his song choice; but when he got the judges pick (Billy Joel's And So It Goes) he scrapped his original song and prepared an up-tempo song instead so he would show some contrast. That's how you play the game when you are trying to win.
    ITA. I really think Casey is rather Stevie Ray Vaughn-ish. I've never gotten that he should connect to his 'softer emotional side' or whatever Kara is trying to put on him. The guy's got great guitar chops and the voice to cover the blues-rock stuff. I'm disappointed we didn't hear more of that from him. Yes, not a hugely popular genre right now. But, more up his alley than what Kara has him labeled as. jmho, as always. One last thought re: last bolded line. Casey needs to wise up and start thinking about his career and get in the game if he wants to be anything in the business other than playing for $50 and a meal. He is better than that!

I agree, Topcat, about Casey's first song choice. I think it was his way of dealing with the stress of the week, but he should have been braver and chosen a different song, maybe one he didn't know as well.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3907984;

I feel this way about Casey. I don't find him attractive at all (except that he has pretty hair), I don't see much personality from him, his song choices seem lazy, and the over done vibrato really grates on my nerves.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3908195;
    I feel this way about Casey. I don't find him attractive at all (except that he has pretty hair), I don't see much personality from him, his song choices seem lazy, and the over done vibrato really grates on my nerves.
    Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3908253;
    Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

I actually don't dislike Casey, and he's had some moments (loved Mrs. Robinson & thought he sounded good last night on both songs). And he does play a mean guitar. I just don't see much star quality from him.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread