+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey James Season 9

Re: Casey James Season 9

Big reason why we should all be happy that Casey didn't go home last week. Since Harry and the band were there for the sing-out, he would have had to sing Blue Skies as his last song.

I don't mind Casey going home and getting to hear Jealous Guy again. I never want to here him singing big band again!

FORT Fogey

I feel badly about all the goat comments he's been getting.

I may be the minority, but I thought all around Casey had the best night. I have to wonder though if he is really on the show to showcase his vocals or his guitar playing. He is really good on all the instruments he has played so far.

Razorbacker, I agree. Last night I had the impression that he pulled out the mandolin and classical guitar to show us what else he can play, just in case anyone is looking for a versatile musician and backup singer.

Re: Lee Dewyze Season 9

I agree..I think the "general audience" keeps holding out for Casey do "blow us away"...but maybe he just can't ..at least not with his vocals...he is a killer musician and no matter what instrument he has picked up he can rock it!

Not sure he will get a "gig" as a singer, but I am betting someone picks him up as an addition for his playing skills (the bonus is he isn't bad to look at!)

FORT Fogey

I usually pay little attention to the mentoring clips during the show. But when I rewatched Casey's session with Jamie, I was shocked to see Jamie assume that Mrs Robinson was a love song and asked Casey to try to "seduce him" with the cold, ironic lyrics. Talk about your bad mentoring! Foxx totally sent Casey down the wrong path with the song.

It's possible that Jamie Foxx didn't understand the cynical nature of the song. The song is not a love song to a woman. But I sense that Foxx was actually telling Casey to "seduce" the audience, ie. seduce the audience with your artistry, because Casey was pretty interior, closed off, when he first played the song for Jamie.

All in all, I thought Casey did a good job with the song. It was the most interesting, original performance of the night. He made some different choices in notes from Simon and Garfunkel's version. And I felt that the soft vocals, in juxtaposition to the lyrics, were properly ironic.
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Hibernating

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3900686;
    I may be the minority, but I thought all around Casey had the best night. I have to wonder though if he is really on the show to showcase his vocals or his guitar playing. He is really good on all the instruments he has played so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3900880;
    All in all, I thought Casey did a good job with the song. It was the most interesting, original performance of the night. He made some different choices in notes from Simon and Garfunkel's version. And I felt that the soft vocals, in juxtaposition to the lyrics, were properly ironic.
    ---
    I agree. I haven't really been too interested or invested in anyone this season, but I really thought Casey did the best last night overall, too. It actually prompted me to vote for the very first time this year.

+ Reply to Thread