+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey James Season 9

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Casey James Season 9

After Simon made his comments and the crowd boo'd, Kara can be heard reminding people about how mean her "lamb" comment was - as if she was proud of it.

MJ's big blog had song spoilers from the rehearsal, and the commentary on Casey's performance was that he did a good job (as HCjr confirmed). It's too bad he wasn't able to repeat it when it counted. I'll miss him a lot if he leaves tonight.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakee;3894476;
    Exactly. I mentioned this in another thread but am reposting here

I felt really bad for Casey last night after Kara's uncalled for "lamb" comment. How old is this woman 12? I get that it wasn't a great performance but really Kara??!! Grow up
    Agreed. And he's had the same vibrato all season, but she hasn't mentioned it. She threw it out there last night like a kid delivering a personal insult on a playground before turning and running away!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3894517;
    After Simon made his comments and the crowd boo'd, Kara can be heard reminding people about how mean her "lamb" comment was - as if she was proud of it.

MJ's big blog had song spoilers from the rehearsal, and the commentary on Casey's performance was that he did a good job (as HCjr confirmed). It's too bad he wasn't able to repeat it when it counted. I'll miss him a lot if he leaves tonight.
    That's right! And since the judges usually base their critiques on dress rehearsal, it's odd to me that not one of them had anything good to say about Casey last night. Hmmm.

FORT Fogey

Casey's strength is that he has been able to hide his flaws. He often chooses the notes that he can sing even if they aren't impressive or he distracts us from his voice with the electric guitar. Last night, he did none of that. His flaws really showed. If you can recall his audition, Casey is not a great singer. That was apparent again last night. It wasn't a smart performance.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3894591;
    Agreed. And he's had the same vibrato all season, but she hasn't mentioned it. She threw it out there last night like a kid delivering a personal insult on a playground before turning and running away!
    I agree, Casey's vibrato has been noticable to me all season, and I certainly didn't hear it any worse Tuesday night. Kara has just proved once again why she should not be coming back as judge next year (if there is a next year). I'm not a huge Casey fan, but that remark was worse than anything I've ever heard Simon say to anyone.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I'm glad Casey is staying for at least another week. He is an excellent vocalist and a riveting guitar player.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3895421;
    I'm glad Casey is staying for at least another week. He is an excellent vocalist and a riveting guitar player.
    --
    Yes - I think his nerves just got the better of him Tuesday night. He probably felt naked without his guitar. It doesn't bother me if he uses it every week - although it really did not fit with the theme this week. Anyway, he sounded wonderful last night!

Like many, when I saw Casey and Crystal in the same group, my heart sank because I figured I was losing one of my 2 favorites. When Ryan said Aaron and Big Mike were in the B2, I let out such a holler! I couldn't believe it! I didn't care too much about who went home then, except that I had points riding on Big Mike hitting the road. Oh well - the main thing is, I get at least another week of Casey!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3895484;
    Yes - I think his nerves just got the better of him Tuesday night. He probably felt naked without his guitar. It doesn't bother me if he uses it every week - although it really did not fit with the theme this week. Anyway, he sounded wonderful last night!

Like many, when I saw Casey and Crystal in the same group, my heart sank because I figured I was losing one of my 2 favorites. When Ryan said Aaron and Big Mike were in the B2, I let out such a holler! I couldn't believe it! I didn't care too much about who went home then, except that I had points riding on Big Mike hitting the road. Oh well - the main thing is, I get at least another week of Casey!!!
    Yaaay. I love Crystal, but I really like Casey. I really hope he pours it on now. I think that if he can act at all, with the right backing, his looks, and talent, he can have a career in film.

FORT Fanatic

At the beginning of the show, Kara was smitten with Casey. Several weeks she made some comment about
    his looks, hair, etc., swooning to the point of passing out. Perhaps she is trying to convince people that she has been able to overcome her
    attraction to him all of a sudden and dogging on him to make it seem real. Casey is Casey. He was good
    and is still good (and good looking, to)

+ Reply to Thread