+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey James Season 9

Re: Casey James Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3883550;

By the way, it was Bo who was "wowing my socks off" that season, not the robotic Carrie (who has learned since that season how to project emotion in her songs).

==
    Me too. I would get chills watching him, what a performer. She has since stepped up her game.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3884113;
    Oh yeah, Southern Rock could work for him too. It's in his soul already.
    --
    It hasn't worked for Bo. Not sure it would for Casey either.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3884148;
    Bo epitomizes Southern Rock. Will he sell a fraction of the records that Kelly Clarkson has in her more current genre? Probably not. I don't care. And a smaller audience for Bo is not going to drive him away from his true calling. That's what I call real success.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I'm sorry to disappoint with my view of Casey, but currently I see him as the side-guitar man who chimes in with vocals to support the lead. I don't see him as The Lead in front of the band. Other than his performance during Beatles week, I haven't seen him command attention as if he is surrounded by a four or five piece rock band.

To me this is similar to the early reviews of Melinda Dolittle where it was said she stayed in her back-up singer role and needed to bring her own style front and center.

Casey needs to find a genre that fits with his stand-there and strum the guitar styling. As suggested, would country soft rock fit him best?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I think Casey needs to strap on a headset mic and interact with his audience. Keith Urban should be his role model. What Casey is doing is OK, but it's not enough to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3884233;

Casey needs to find a genre that fits with his stand-there and strum the guitar styling. As suggested, would country soft rock fit him best?
    What about metal?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3884233;
    I'm sorry to disappoint with my view of Casey, but currently I see him as the side-guitar man who chimes in with vocals to support the lead. I don't see him as The Lead in front of the band.
    I agree. He might make a good back up singer and lead guitarist for Crystal's band.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3884148;
    Is Bo currently making a decent living doing what he loves to do? If so, then it definitely worked for him.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3884995;
    Is Bo currently making a decent living doing what he loves to do? If so, then it definitely worked for him.
    I'm certainly not in a position to determine what level of income Bo has, but I do know that his albums have not sold well, nor has he had any chart success to speak of. I like the guy personally & have seen him live a couple of times, but even though Southern Rock is one of my faves, there just doesn't seem to be much of a market for that music out there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3885094;
    I'm certainly not in a position to determine what level of income Bo has, but I do know that his albums have not sold well, nor has he had any chart success to speak of. I like the guy personally & have seen him live a couple of times, but even though Southern Rock is one of my faves, there just doesn't seem to be much of a market for that music out there anymore.
    I guess my point was if by being on the show he is able to do what he loves without having to supplement that income - that's my idea of success, regardless of how many CDs he's sold or what chart success he's had.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread