+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Andrew Garcia Season 9

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Andrew Garcia Season 9

Agree with Andrew being much improved last night . . . or maybe just back to his old self.

The bit with Momma coming up on stage was a little too much. Think Andrew will be safe tonight.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I really like Andrew Garcia, but I think he got bum deal from the judges. I thought the first few songs he performed after "Straight Up" were remarkably good. But the judges (idiotically) kept comparing those performances to "Straight Up." I think Andrew eventually lost his confidence and his identity as a singer-songwriter type of performer. He found his way back last night--hope it's not too late for him. He deserved a hell of a lot better than he got from AI.

--
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3867443;
    I really like Andrew Garcia, but I think he got bum deal from the judges. I thought the first few songs he performed after "Straight Up" were remarkably good. But the judges (idiotically) kept comparing those performances to "Straight Up." I think Andrew eventually lost his confidence and his identity as a singer-songwriter type of performer. He found his way back last night--hope it's not too late for him. He deserved a hell of a lot better than he got from AI.

--
    Great to see you back around these parts, Pillbeam!

I think he is finding his way back; hopefully he can take some more steps next week. While I liked his singing last night, his performance reminded me of someone in my living room whipping out his guitar and showing me this cool new song he's been working on. Very little eye contact; mostly staring down at the guitar. Maybe the positive notices will give him a boost of swagger for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3867565;
    Great to see you back around these parts, Pillbeam!
    Thanks for the welcome back.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

He was definitely my favorite this past week! I was afraid he would still end up in B-3 though because he has'nt been all that great since the Top 12 started. I hope he's on an upward trajectory now & I hope the judges just shut up about "Straight Up" from here on out. They need to give it a rest.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

No comments on Andrew for a whole week? What does that tell you?

3/13 Performance “Hound Dog”

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567