+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Garcia Season 9

Re: Andrew Garcia Season 9

I'm thinking he's a goner.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

He is getting worse as the weeks go by. What is going on with him?
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

i am sensing a LIL Round 2.0

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3861775;
    He is getting worse as the weeks go by. What is going on with him?
    I'm with you - this performance was in train wreck territory. Andrew is so much better than this. It just shows you what a "head game" AI is.

Something similar happened last season on SYTYCD. Nigel gave young Nathan a real dressing down one week - and that just killed his spirit and confidence. From that point on, one of the best dancers in the competition just slid downhill.

FORT Fogey

I know I'm in the minority here at the FORT, but I don't think Andrew is terrible. He hasn't knocked my socks off since Top 24, but I've just found him a little dull - not horrible and making me want to stab at my eardrums, like some have been.

He obviously has a lot of fans, and I still think he's talented. Many never heard him sing that song I'm sick of Kara referring to, so I won't mention it by name, because it was during Hollywood week, and many people just don't tune in until at least semifinals, so I can't believe he's still around because of a single performance 6 weeks ago.

And it's hard for me to believe, as was suggested in another thread, that he's been kept in by the "Hispanic vote." If that were the case, I think Jorge Nunez from Season 8 might've lasted past top 12 (or 13).

Andrew benefitted totally from his pimp package.
    I know many who did not see / hear his performance of Straight Up, but heard that he came from gang banger parents and was trying to make a better life for himself.
    If I remember correctly, Jorge was from Puerto Rico. Not exactly Southern Ca. And he didn't have the benefit of the sob story that Andrew did.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3862756;
    I know I'm in the minority here at the FORT, but I don't think Andrew is terrible. He hasn't knocked my socks off since Top 24, but I've just found him a little dull - not horrible and making me want to stab at my eardrums, like some have been.

I agree. He hasn't ruined any songs for me, but he hasn't made me like any songs more than I had before like he did with Straight Up. (Sorry Mel . . . cover your ears!)

I'm not sure what's going on with him. Hope it isn't a case of him having practiced that one song over and over and over again until it was perfect. Really didn't expect him to be a one trick pony.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3863022;
    Really didn't expect him to be a one trick pony.
    I think he might just be, unless he pulls something really good, he might not be around much longer.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

He is the BIG disappointment this season, so far.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I LOVED Andrew's performance last night. Glad to see him back where he started from. Let's hope he continues next week as well.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast