+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Garcia Season 9

Re: Andrew Garcia Season 9

I really like Andrew but think the judges have decided that he'll never live up to that one performance. I wish they could let each performance stand on it's own because I think he's been pretty good. Hopefully doing a Stones song will be different enough that he can garner a better review otherwise I think he could be in danger of not making the tour.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3854587;
    I really like Andrew but think the judges have decided that he'll never live up to that one performance. I wish they could let each performance stand on it's own because I think he's been pretty good. Hopefully doing a Stones song will be different enough that he can garner a better review otherwise I think he could be in danger of not making the tour.
    I think it will always be this way. The judges are harder on Andrew because they know he can be better. They know that he is not performing at his best. It isn't fair at all, but I think this sort of judging is here to stay. Todrick has said that he thinks the judges were harder on him because he has been on the stage professionally. They are holding different contestants to different standards. Whether you like Todrick or not, he was certainly better than Tim Urban and yet Tim got better critiques. I guess it is just the judges' bias.
    I do think Andrew has let us down week after week. But he is still a lot stronger than Alex or Tim. I even think he has been better than Lee.

Last edited by Unklescott; 03-17-2010 at 06:32 AM.

He got lost somewhere & he's still trying to find his way back. It may be to late.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

He was terrible last night. Will not be sad to see him leave
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Andrew is not my favorite. The judges should stop comparing his performances to his straight up performance, all they are doing is reminding the public that he hasn't been performing as well. Time to stop the comparing.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3860312;
    Andrew is not my favorite. The judges should stop comparing his performances to his straight up performance, all they are doing is reminding the public that he hasn't been performing as well. Time to stop the comparing.
    And preventing him from doing anything else entertaining as he tries to recreate that moment.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3860317;
    And preventing him from doing anything else entertaining as he tries to recreate that moment.
    No one is compelling him to do anything. If he is foolish enough to let the judges dictate his Idol journey, he will follow Lil Rounds and Annop Desai out the door at the season's mid-point (if not before).

From what I've seen, the people who end up singing in the Finale at the Nokia theater are the people who forge their own artistic path, rather than look to the judges for who they should be.

He seems to be losing confidence each week as the judges keep blasting him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast