+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Garcia Season 9

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Andrew Garcia Season 9

He certainly wasn't the worst of the night, but as others have said, he set the bar so high for himself in Vegas. These recent performances just haven't been very memorable.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3835058;
    He didn't arrange that, it's been out there for years. This was posted on YouTube 3 years ago. Sound familiar?

YouTube - Straight Up (Acoustic)
    I listened to the youtube video but the only similarity I saw with Andrew's version is that they were both sung acoustically with a guitar. Other than that they sounded pretty different. Andrew's was slower and sounded more soulful.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Was not impressed last night. He peaked way too soon
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I really, really liked his song last night and completely disagreed with the judges. He hit it out of the ballpark when he sang Straight Up but I think he gave a valiant try last night with Genie in a Bottle. Christina is such a powerful singer and he was able to change it up and made it his own--isn't that what the judges suggested he do??

The judges really confused me last night-- they gave profuse credit to singers I didn't feel deserved it as much as Andrew but then they dinged him?? If there is a Simon Cowell effect of coming out and annointing a favorite singer and, thereby, hurting their chances, then I think there's also the effect of underrating singers and having the fans turn out in droves (as I did for Kris Allen) and, I think, they just might be doing that in favor of Andrew this season.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Andrew should do Jay Sean's "Down"....but not another acoustic version. Andrew should use the band more even if just for a few instruments or just a portion of his song.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3835058;
    He didn't arrange that, it's been out there for years. This was posted on YouTube 3 years ago. Sound familiar?

YouTube - Straight Up (Acoustic)
    I'm way behind in reading these posts! I just listened to this version and liked it better than Andrew's (listened to them side by side). He seems like a nice guy, but I don't think he has what it takes to make it all the way. I was surprised he made the cut this far, actually.

FORT Fogey

I'm glad he made top 12. He is definitely not on top of his game right now but his Hollywood performance was so much better than anything most of the others have done. He has potential and I look forward to hearing him when he figures out how to put it all together.
    I don't think the problem is him. I think the reason he has been performing horribly is because the songs are just bad. "Straight Up" is far from being a masterpiece but it is a really catchy tune that we all secretly love. The other songs just suck when you strip them down the way Andrew did. I don't think Andrew needs to strip songs down to make them sound good. But if he is going to keep up with this formula, maybe he can duet with a trumpet or a piano. We don't need to hear the guitar all the time.

FORT Fogey

I think/hope he'll rebound. IMO, there are only 2 boys who are decent (Michael Lynch and blond ponytail guy). Andrew is my only hope for a 3rd. I think I NEED Andrew to be good more than I want him to be good. Of the remaining men, he's the only one who can possibly come close.

The early favorite in Vegas has fallen...but will he be able to get up?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast