Alex Lambert Season 9

Alex Lambert
    19 years old
    North Richland Hills, TX

FORT Fogey

Re: Alex Lambert Season 9

From the Fox press release:
    FOX FLASH - FOX PRIMETIME
    Lambert was born in Fort Worth, TX, and has been singing since he was 9 years old. He is currently a senior at Richland High School.

Keep up with Alex at:

Alex Lambert - Season 9 Contestants - American Idol
    Alex Lambert | Facebook
    Alex Lambert on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    Alex Lambert (ALambertAI9) on Twitter (@ALambertAI9)
    Last edited by Unklescott; 02-18-2010 at 06:30 PM.

So are they going to take off the Lambert invisibility shield they've had on so far now?

There's no relation apparently, but you just KNOW Idol was probably somewhat nervous Internet chatter would PRESUME there was and jaw endlessly about it.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

This kid has a great natural voice. I felt so bad for him b/c he looked terrified out there. If he could get rid of their nerves, he will do great.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3839892;
    This kid has a great natural voice.
    Totally agree, but what business does someone who has only sung in front of a paying audience three times have competing on American Idol? I blame the producers. They are wasting my time.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3839916;
    Totally agree, but what business does someone who has only sung in front of a paying audience three times have competing on American Idol? I blame the producers. They are wasting my time.
    Its a stepping stone and he could get over his nerves. It was the first night. I don't want to see all contestants that have sung on broadway or in boy bands
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3839916;
    Part of me agrees with you, but the other part shouts out THIS IS WHAT AMERICAN IDOL IS ALL ABOUT!!!

It really is fun for me to see the transformation of some of the contestants. I do think he has the raw talent, but may not be ready for this venue. I still voted for him, and would like to see a couple more weeks. Perhaps he just needed to get the jitters out, but we will see....

I was a big BIG Kris Allen fan, and was so happy to see him gain the confidence. Alex is not in same league, but would like to see at least another week....

NotLambert seemed like a big ball of suck to me. Gotta call it like I see it.

Also, as was noted in the episode thread... that "Carol Brady" hair has GOT to go.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

I think Alex could be a fine singer and performer. In three or four years. And I would love to see that transformation, but I don't think we'll see it happen on TV.

Maybe this is just my own pet peeve - but I really bristle at the myth that great performers are "discovered". As if talent is all one needs to be exceptional. But that simply isn't true. Great performers learn their craft - and it takes a long time for good performing skills to become second nature; to get to the point where it looks easy and the audience doesn't see the "work" involved.

I made the point over in the show thread this morning that what most of the current guys lack is experience. Compare these guys with Adam, Kris, Danny, Matt, and Scott from last season who all came in to the competition having spent their entire adult lives performing in churches, bars, clubs, and theaters. Most of the Season Nine guys have never had to work at a professional level before. How they will handle the high-pressure, fast turnaround Idol scene is beyond me.

I remember how lost Danny was last season - and he had tons of performing experience. But he lacked a knowledge of the pop world. He struggled week after week just to choose and learn material with no time left over to work out unique arrangements and the finer performance points. If Danny he could barely keep his head above water, how will these folks who have never even had a chance to hone their performing chops keep up?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast