+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Alex Lambert Season 9

Re: Alex Lambert Season 9

Thanks for that link Unklescott. Like ellen said, he's an uripe banana - only ever played 2 gigs for 25 people tops and then this. His voice is so distinctive and I just love it. I do hope he continues and gets a leg up by his AI exposure and connections.
    Count your blessings!

I agree totally. How is this kid with so much potential and such a pleasant voice not still in the competition, and freakin' Tim and Andrew still are?

I wish him all the luck in the world in his future pursuit of a singing career.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3862630;
    Alex Lambert Visits Good Day

There is a video at the link.
    That was great. Glad to see Alex doing so well. He's really gotten out there since his elimination and gotten some exposure and seems to have gotten his "sea legs" a little bit. Hope he is very successful - certainly has the talent.

You Alex Lambert fans will like this.
    Idol Cast-Off Alex Lambert Nabs Web Series - PEOPLE TV Watch

He had one of the best voices on this seasonís American Idol, but Alex Lambertís shyness led to his early departure. His fans were shocked ó and so began a campaign including a petition with 20,000 signatures strong in support of his return.

This Thursday the Texas shy guy will get another shot at stardom when he moves in to the If I Can Dream house. Created by Idolís Simon Fuller, If I Can Dream is a Web reality show documenting the story of six rising stars living together in the Hollywood Hills. The other residents include Miley Cyrusís ex Justin Gaston, aspiring model Giglianne Braga, and actors Kara Killmer, Amanda Phillips, and Ben Elliott.

You can watch Lambert, 19, on If I Can Dreamís live streaming 24-7 along with five other up-and-comers as they tackle Hollywood. Weekly episodes will air on hulu.com every Monday at midnight.

Peopleís Jessica Herndon caught up with Lambert to chat about Elvis, Lambertís girlfriend, and (gasp!) cutting that mullet.

Are you really as shy as you came off on the show?
    I donít think Iím too shy. At home Iím not really shy, itís just that this whole experience is so new to me. Once I get more confident I donít think Iíll be shy at all.

What tips did you get from the judges about improving your confidence on stage?
    Kara was telling me to just go out and get more experience. Go play some bar shows.

Are there any performers that you watch where you say, ĎOkay I really dig their stage presence?í
    Elvis! I wish I had the stage presence Elvis had. He worked the crowd like a beast. But Elvis was true. He did all the leg shaking and sliding.

Can you dance?
    No, I canít dance. But I can swing dance. I was in swing dancing for like three years with my mom.

How will you decorate your room in the house?
    Iím gonna [put] Bob Marley, Elvis and Beatles posters up and a picture of my grandfather. People up who inspire me.

Are you single?
    No. I have a girlfriend. Her name is Raylee. She really understands me and believes in me. Iím kind broke so we never go out anywhere fancy, but usually I just jam out and she tells me what she likes and I usually write her a song every week and play it for her.

Do you keep in touch with Siohban?
    We text every once in a while. She was one of my best friends on the show. Everyone else was spastic and crazy and always wanted to do something, and me and Siohban would sit and eat for like three hours.

So, you cut your hair?
    I still have a mullet a little bit. Itís just hair. Itíll grow back.

FORT Fogey

Alex has recorded a demo of his song "I Didn't Know" which sounds pretty good. This guy is going to get a record. He's still under his 19E contract and I bet they sign him. I think his voice is better than Lee's.

Alex Lambert-I Didn't Know (New Demo Song)
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 05-23-2010 at 11:16 AM.

Thanks for the link, TopCat! You know, I really liked that song, and I absolutely love his voice. Better than Lee's, in my opinion. He really deserves a record deal. He was a diamond in the rough on the show. Didn't have the experience of singing in front of an audience. I hope he gets something out of this.

FORT Fogey

I liked Alex's voice from the beginning and was disappointed when he left. Definitely has better vocals than Lee, but he looked like he was going to pass out from stage fright every time he performed! Now that's one that had the talent and would have shown some real improvement over the course of the season, had he lasted. Who knows? He may end up being the most successful recording artists from this season! (And I think Siobhan will be very successful doing something like Broadway.)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3910817;
    Thanks for the link, TopCat! You know, I really liked that song, and I absolutely love his voice. Better than Lee's, in my opinion. He really deserves a record deal. He was a diamond in the rough on the show. Didn't have the experience of singing in front of an audience. I hope he gets something out of this.
    I agree with all you've said above.

Especially the part about his having a more pleasing voice than Lee. I wish he'd been given more time to develop as the weeks went by.
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 05-23-2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks for posting the Ellen interview! I like Adam!
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast