+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Alex Lambert Season 9

Re: Alex Lambert Season 9

Thank you Unklescott! I loved hearing it again and wish I had taped it. I really do love his voice. I may have to download the iTunes version of it. Has anyone heard it yet?
    Count your blessings!

I felt him when he sang Trouble. Should have stayed over Aaron.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

My heart broke for him last night. I really did like him and wished he stayed over a few of the guys. I couldn't help but be in tears with him. I truly hope either Ellen or Simon help this kid out b/c he has a great recording voice. He kind of reminded me of Carrie Underwood (a little worse) early in the game. She didn't have a great stage presence, but look at her now.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

Alex Vary of Entertainment Weekly was at the show last night and reports of Alex's elimination:

It would be the last real moment of levity all night [Michael Lynche's blocking mistake with Ryan], because right after Michael and Aaron were sent to safety, Ryan brutally mauled a puppy right in front of the entire nation. No joke, watching Alex Lambert’s spirit crumple into nothingness in real time was one of the saddest things ever. It truly did bring the entire studio to a dead silent stop during the ad break as the contestants and judges swarmed the stage to console the poor kid. Siobhan and Alex shared a long, woebegone hug, and then Ellen, Kara, and Randy all gathered around him. Simon hung back, choosing to eavesdrop for a moment on Crystal, Lilly, and Katelyn’s conversation before taking his own one-on-one time with Alex. Curiously, Casey James was back on his stool almost as soon as he’d left it, quickly followed by Tim Urban and Didi Benami. Simon eventually sauntered back to his seat, too, but the rest of the contestants and judges were so preoccupied with their carousel of consolation and tears that either no one noticed the ad break countdown clock, or no one cared about it. Suddenly, we were on live TV again, and as you saw, things were decidedly not back in show-ready order, a truly unscripted moment and, I felt, an uncommonly graceful one for American Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3853375;
    Alex Vary of Entertainment Weekly was at the show last night and reports of Alex's elimination:
    Amazing, I truly hope that someone does something for him. He has such great potential and a wonderful recording voice
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3852146;
    I found nothing on google. What is up?
    I found this story on a few websites (here are just two of them):

Idol's Alex Lambert Has a Dirty Mouth
    Did ‘American Idol’ Censor Alex Lambert For Dropping The F-Bomb? | popdirt.com

Apparently last week Alex had to be censored, when Tyler Grady was eliminated, for dropping the F-bomb and a few other choice words on live TV. They dropped the audio to cover it, they didn't add a beep sound.

Not sure if this is what is being referred to, but it was all I could find.

FORT Fogey

If you read lips, you'll notice that Crystal did the same thing last night in one of the close-ups. Oh, well - that's what happens when you put kids on live TV.

I don't think it's a horrible thing, most everyone cusses (I sure do). Just bad form to do it on TV, and I guess especially if you are going for the nice kid image.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3853436;
    I found this story on a few websites (here are just two of them):

Idol's Alex Lambert Has a Dirty Mouth
    Did ‘American Idol’ Censor Alex Lambert For Dropping The F-Bomb? | popdirt.com

Apparently last week Alex had to be censored, when Tyler Grady was eliminated, for dropping the F-bomb and a few other choice words on live TV. They dropped the audio to cover it, they didn't add a beep sound.

Not sure if this is what is being referred to, but it was all I could find.

Please, he's not the first one to have said it and he won't be the last. I still hope he gets a contract b/c I love his tone

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3853452;
    Please, he's not the first one to have said it and he won't be the last. I still hope he gets a contract b/c I love his tone
    I'm just the messenger, don't shoot me!

I wasn't calling him out for it, just responding to previous posts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast