+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Alex Lambert Season 9

Re: Alex Lambert Season 9

Well then TopCat, you've just pinpointed the weakness in Idol being on the air this long--they've run out of veterans.

That's why so many of this year's hopefuls are under age 21. TEN of the 24 in fact.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Him staying over Tyler is an absolute shocker...

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3841050;
    Him staying over Tyler is an absolute shocker...
    Actually lobeck I wasn't as shocked and here's why....I absolutely loved Tyler in his audition. My daughter and I were saying how cool this guy was -- loved his look, voice, just everything about him (as Posh would say). Then he goes to Hollywood Week and we barely see him....

This week he was very weak, but I thought okay he should be safe, so I'm not going to vote for him instead let me vote for Alex who I liked and wanted to see one more week....

This is why Idol - at times- is very frustrating. People wanting to keep the weaker ones in and forgetting about some of the stronger ones. In no way do I think Tyler was a strong one, but I just assumed he was going to be safe. JMO...

I felt so bad for poor Carol since he looked so petrified on stage. Then when the judges slayed him it made me feel even more sorry for him. Not enough to make me vote for him though (I never vote for anyone on this show) but I'm kind of glad he stayed, and I look forward to seeing him improve.

I think the Carol Brady do is

FORT Fogey

Angela was a vet. I have no idea why they choose the people they choose. I think Simon is trying to destroy the show.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3840002;
    I think Alex could be a fine singer and performer. In three or four years. And I would love to see that transformation, but I don't think we'll see it happen on TV.

Maybe this is just my own pet peeve - but I really bristle at the myth that great performers are "discovered". As if talent is all one needs to be exceptional. But that simply isn't true. Great performers learn their craft - and it takes a long time for good performing skills to become second nature; to get to the point where it looks easy and the audience doesn't see the "work" involved.

I made the point over in the show thread this morning that what most of the current guys lack is experience. Compare these guys with Adam, Kris, Danny, Matt, and Scott from last season who all came in to the competition having spent their entire adult lives performing in churches, bars, clubs, and theaters. Most of the Season Nine guys have never had to work at a professional level before. How they will handle the high-pressure, fast turnaround Idol scene is beyond me.

I remember how lost Danny was last season - and he had tons of performing experience. But he lacked a knowledge of the pop world. He struggled week after week just to choose and learn material with no time left over to work out unique arrangements and the finer performance points. If Danny he could barely keep his head above water, how will these folks who have never even had a chance to hone their performing chops keep up?
    How quickly you forget Carrie Underwood. Carrie had performed before, but she had absolutely ZERO performance skills on stage, right up through the end. Talent can carry you far until you have the time to develop performance skills. If Alex can get over his nerves he could absolutely learn a great deal week after week.

I've never heard someone describe Danny as "lost" before and have never heard it said that he struggled to keep his head above water.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I loved loved him last night...I really hope he stays Thursday, and we can see what he will do next. He had such an improvement from last week and I want to see if he'll get better or if this was a one time thing.

Plus I really enjoy the tone of his voice...it's unique. I want him to record that song he sang last night bc I'd buy it for sure...

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colorfuldreamer;3846382;
    I loved loved him last night...I really hope he stays Thursday, and we can see what he will do next. He had such an improvement from last week and I want to see if he'll get better or if this was a one time thing.

Plus I really enjoy the tone of his voice...it's unique. I want him to record that song he sang last night bc I'd buy it for sure...
    I completely agree with you. His tone is wonderful and if he can get past those nerves, he just may be the dark horse
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by colorfuldreamer;3846382;

Yes, I think he's one to watch. I bet he'll get better every week.

He was great last night and I bet he stays!
    Ain't Love Grand!

FORT Fanatic

Even though he wasn't "the best" of last night, he got my votes because I could see listening to him. Now, his performance
    definately needs to improve, but I do hope he stays around a bit longer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast