+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Kelly - Season 9

Re: Aaron Kelly - Season 9

I really like Aaron! I feel like his vocals are always good and he's just so darn cute - I'd be sad to see him go tonight.

I like Aaron a lot, and I'm really sorry to see Aaron go before Mike and Casey. I think he'll have a nice career in country music once this is all over.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I'm not sad Aaron is gone. I think 16/17 really is too young to be on this show... they just don't have enough life experience to sing songs with conviction. However, I think he would have done better if he'd stuck to being a country artist, and "countried" every song up each week. I don't really see him as a pop singer. If he chooses country as his genre I think he'll do fine, and be able to make a living in the entertainment industry. If he decides to go some other direction, I think he'll have a tough road ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3895322;
    I'm not sad Aaron is gone. I think 16/17 really is too young to be on this show... they just don't have enough life experience to sing songs with conviction. However, I think he would have done better if he'd stuck to being a country artist, and "countried" every song up each week. I don't really see him as a pop singer. If he chooses country as his genre I think he'll do fine, and be able to make a living in the entertainment industry. If he decides to go some other direction, I think he'll have a tough road ahead.
    Country has already had a Billy Gilman, why would they want another? And secondly, why is it that everyone assumes that everybody can just go into Country & be successful? It didn't work for Jessica Simpson, hasn't worked for Jewel, didn't work for Kristy Lee Cook or Phil Stacey. Country music is alive & well & shouldn't be the dumping ground for castoffs from other genres.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3895637;
    Country music is alive & well & shouldn't be the dumping ground for castoffs from other genres.
    The reason I suggested country for Aaron is I think he sounds best when he sings songs in that genre... his voice has the right flavor.
    I don't think he sounds as good when he tries to sing pop songs.
    I wasn't trying to imply that people who can't sing another genre should sing country.
    I also think Aaron loves country music, so again, I think it would be a good fit for him.
    I wish him much success in his career... whatever direction he chooses to go in.

FORT Fogey

I think Aaron will do well in country because that is his natural singing style. Jewel is more folk-y - she was great at that, and I bought her cd, but maybe they didn't think there was a large enough market for that genre. They then tried to make her more edgy pop, and that didn't fly. Jessica Simpson is more pop (and I didn't buy anything of hers!). Just because you are (or aren't) successful in another style doesn't mean you will be successful in country, but Aaron is a country natural - and he obviously already has a lot of fans. I've enjoyed listening to him.
    Last edited by I'm MEL; 05-06-2010 at 05:04 PM.

Aaron's appearance on Good Day LA this morning

Idol's Aaron Kelly on Good Day LA - Redlasso.com

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;3894912;
    Reading this thread makes me wish I had regular internet access at home as Aaron is far and away my favorite this season. He has been consistently great, as far as my ears are concerned, and think he has a charming personality too.

Obviously I am in the minority with this opinion though
    The online opinion is not representative of all viewers. Don't feel badly about it.

Aaron needs to go to Disney and I don't mean that in a bad way. IMO country is not his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3895755;
    The online opinion is not representative of all viewers. Don't feel badly about it.
    Aaron got eliminated didn't he?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast