+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3830894;
    Sure, especially when they go:

--live
    --into that special Idol mode where they (unlike a lot of real world performers) have to sing totally outside their genre
    --from a song list about the same length as a shoe size (where they get slammed for "bad song choice", even when their pick got bumped five times)
    That's what worries me about Crystal Bowersox. I would buy her album right now! But I don't know what she would do with Barry Manilow night.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Am I in the minority about Hope Johnson? She seems to have awfully nice shoes and clothes for someone so poor and wants things easy for once in her life, I don't know that I buy the whole sob story. Also, her singing voice is pleasant, but she didn't seem to have a lot of range.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3830894;
    Sure, especially when they go:

--live
    --into that special Idol mode where they (unlike a lot of real world performers) have to sing totally outside their genre
    --from a song list about the same length as a shoe size (where they get slammed for "bad song choice", even when their pick got bumped five times)

Eww, Mary Powers. Yes, she's gross. Unfortunately she's actually... not a bad performer.
    Singing outside the genre is very important because having no versatility can be a death sentence when singing a horrid song choice live.

Wow. Room 3 is a big bag of "Who?", isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;3830909;
    Singing outside the genre is very important because having no versatility can be a death sentence when singing a horrid song choice live.
    "Important" for this show, yes. For the real world? Not so much. Versatility is always good, but that doesn't always manifest in cross-genre ability off this show.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Poor Shelby.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3830907;
    Am I in the minority about Hope Johnson? She seems to have awfully nice shoes and clothes for someone so poor and wants things easy for once in her life, I don't know that I buy the whole sob story. Also, her singing voice is pleasant, but she didn't seem to have a lot of range.
    I love her soft singing. But she oversang like crazy on that last song. Shows a lack of experience - she doesn't know how to "scale up" to singing with a full band. Could be death on the show.

Room 1 seems to be the "frontrunners we've seen a lot of before".
    Room 2 seems to be "people we've seen before who are probably getting the heave"
    Room 3 seems to be "people who are fairly good they've been hiding from us" (I mean every person they've shown singing from Room 3 is fairly good, if not perfect, but I don't recall seeing more than mere SECONDS of these people before now)

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Oh, no. Aaron Kelly, one of my faves, forgot his words. He's the kid that won the chance to audition at Idol Experience at Disney World.

Missed first half. Did they show anything important?

Or was it all filler?
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Who was that last blonde girl, Janelle something? Her room is probably gone. Simon looked bored and Kara was saying wrong song.

+ Reply to Thread