+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: 2/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 2/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I for one could care less what she looks like. It would be wonderful to go back to the way it was when it was all about the music not the package. Janis Joplin and Loretta Lynn would never make it in today's music business. Look at what we would have missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3831533;
    I for one could care less what she looks like. It would be wonderful to go back to the way it was when it was all about the music not the package. Janis Joplin and Loretta Lynn would never make it in today's music business. Look at what we would have missed.
    Excellent point.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3831533;
    I also agree!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

I am not sure I agree with you. The two women you mention were a "package" for each's particular audience. Janis, while no beauty, was very much in synch with her target audience.....60's hippies and Loretta had the look appreciated by her country audience....big dresses, hair and sound

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3831654;
    I am not sure I agree with you. The two women you mention were a "package" for each's particular audience. Janis, while no beauty, was very much in synch with her target audience.....60's hippies and Loretta had the look appreciated by her country audience....big dresses, hair and sound
    Most of the time back then we heard the singer on the radio before we ever saw them. It was more about the sound then about the looks of the performer, and typically if you liked the sound you liked the performers looks too.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3831654;
    But each woman had such substance and the vocals to carry it out. If you look at alot of music today, voices are pumped up in the studio and image is so much the thing. I know she might have fans, but everytime I hear Taylor Swift sing live, I cringe!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3831664;
    Most of the time back then we heard the singer on the radio before we ever saw them. It was more about the sound then about the looks of the performer, and typically if you liked the sound you liked the performers looks too.
    That's right - and I'm still that way. Not an MTV or Music Awards Show watcher. I don't try to catch Lady Gaga when she's appearing on TV shows, but I LOVE her music on the radio! I don't care so much about their looks or persona or what a show they put on in concert because I won't go see that - I care about the music.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213