+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 2/10 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/10 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Michael Slezak over at EW.com (his article, Group Therapy) brings up a good point - we have no idea whether many of the people we may be rooting for even made it through the group round and are still on the show.

I have to admit there is a tiny voice in my head right this second wondering about the fates of singers like Lilly Scott, Mallorie Haley, Keia Johnson, Aaron Kelly and other talented singers I've grown mildly/moderately attached to over the last five weeks. The way Idol casually disregards its viewers emotional investment at this point in the competition would be akin to filming a disaster flick with Angelina Jolie, Will Smith, Meryl Streep, and Tom Hanks in the lead roles, and then spending the middle third of the movie focusing on a band of blurry extras who end up getting killed off anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3825103;
    They just showed it again with the judges telling the whole group they made it through. He is in. He's a local boy so they are concentrating on him and the girl with the green glasses, she is also from Utah.
    Yeah, he definitely made the cut this season. I was talking about him getting eliminated last year.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;3825177;
    Yeah, he definitely made the cut this season. I was talking about him getting eliminated last year.

Oh, you mean I should have paid attention to those two words "last season" in your post?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3825119;
    i don't mean to be rude but is anybody from FORT already sick of the Mike Lynch all wife pregnancy episode? can we move that to MTV. It isn't really helping in much... we are in season 9.

YES. Everytime I thought they would finally get to showing us the groups singing there would be MORE of the baby drama. Now I love babies, and I wish the baby and the family good health and fortune, but I'm not even a little bit interested in watching this during the hour they should be showing us what is happening with the groups. I'm one of those who loves group night, and wish it would be a two hour show. Leave all the personal back stories back home.

I only saw a few minutes of last night's show, so I did not see Mike or the wife.

What did she have - a boy or girl?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3825412;
    I only saw a few minutes of last night's show, so I did not see Mike or the wife.

What did she have - a boy or girl?
    A girl.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Thanks, Tiger.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

What was the name of the Kara DioGuardi song that one of the contestants sang? I thought she sounded great.

Quote Originally Posted by LilyPearl0560;3826320;
    What was the name of the Kara DioGuardi song that one of the contestants sang? I thought she sounded great.
    If I'm not mistaken it was called Tempted & it is on Katherine McPhees new album.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678