+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 2/3 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 2/3 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3817615;
    I've always had a blinding hatred for this "extra" episode they've shoehorned into the last few seasons.

Still do.

If they didn't spend so much time in the regular episodes on #$tty people, then we wouldn't have to watch this... I dunno. We can't call it a recap. We can't call it a retread. This whatever it is.

If I were a betting girl - I would say that they use this episode to show us a few more of the top 24. Since Hollywood week taped two weeks ago - they didn't know who the top 24 were so they took the ones who made the top 24 that they had not previously shown and put them in tonight's show.

I am not loving anyone this season yet -

Tonight all I could think when I heard DiDi sing was that she was just like Megan!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3817600;
    Aaron Kelley was adopted by his aunt and uncle in order to stay out of social services. He's now 16 and he sings The Climb. He is good (but he's no David Archuleta). He goes through to Hollywood.
    BTW, Aaron is the kid who got in to see the judges because he won the American Idol Experience in DisneyWorld.

Hmmmm....I don't know. Remember last year's major pimpage of Gokey, Lambert, Rounds, and MacIntyre (yuck!)? And to some extent, Giraud, Sarver and Desai? These were the contestants that the judges wanted in the Finals. McNamara, Braddy, Henson, Von Smith, Joyner, Langseth, Barton, though very good singers did not make it to the finals because they do not have a good story. While the wildcard round was suppose to make up for the real good singers that America did not vote in, the judges already made up their minds on who they wanted in. They even admitted that they were "casting" (meaning they wanted to put in people with more personality and quirkiness, or to satisfy a certain demographics) and therefore they gave us, Jasmine, Megan, Matt G. and Anoop. They should have called it the Casting round.

I really think that Ricky Braddy should have been in the finals, he had impeccable voice control and always on pitch but they found him boring. He was never featured and left for obscurity then purposely placed on the 1st group where he had to battle it out with pimped Gokey, Sarver and Anoop. He had no chance at all. If he were in the 2nd or 3rd group, he would have made it. Luckily for Kris Allen, he was not placed in group 1.

Well the major pimping actually backfired. Lambert was already the winner according to Simon and company but out of nowhere...Kris Allen stole it. The producers never featured him and he had no story. Simon, for the 2nd year in a row (Cook took it from Archuleta), was disappointed again!

FORT Fogey

We now know that 181 people got golden tickets to Hollywood. Last night there seemed to be a minimum of pimping (and minimal talent). Total opposite tonight. Look at this list! Perhaps this episode is meant to be a springboard into next week's Hollywood round. This is the list of people with whom the producers expect us to be familiar. Obviously they didn't want to bury them early in January where they'll be forgotten by the time the Hollywood winnowing starts.

Full pimp package
    This group gets a full audition, lots of judge reaction and discussion, as well as a behind-the-scenes visit with their families and some sit-down time with Ryan. And they need all that screen time to tell their sad, sad stories.
    • Didi Benami – “Hey Jude” - Singing in memory of her late best friend.
    • Aaron Kelly – “The Climb” - His family shattered and he was adopted by his aunt and uncle. Simon liked his song choice.

Half Pimp
    These hopefuls get sit-down time with Ryan. Most also have their families in tow at the call-back audition standing outside the door primed for tearful reactions.
    • Amanda Shechtman – "Good Morning Heartache" - Amanda is an ACTRESS! Simon rolls his eyes, but lets her through.
    • Lacey Brown – “Over the Rainbow” - We get a flashback of Lacey last year when she was cut in the chairs episode in favor of Megan Joy.
    • Michael Lynche – “Unchained Melody - Big Mike is a singing teddy bear, according to Kara.
    • Hope Johnson – Grew up poor but she sings with a pure country style.

Audition Only
    No camera crew visit, and no sit-down time with Ryan. But we do see most of their audition and lots of positive comments from the judges.
    • Jessica Furney – “Footprints in the Sand”, a song by Simon Cowell (never hurts to suck up to the judges).

Abbreviated Audition
    A new category! These are hardly auditions; just a line or two of singing. Usually with no comments by the judges. Sublimal message: "Don't get invested in these people; they'll be gone soon."
    • Lee Dewyze – “Ain’t No Sunshine”
    • Crystal Bowersox – “Piece of My Heart”
    • Rachel Hubbard
    • Thaddeus Johnston?
    • Genesis Moore

Quotes of the night
    Kara: “There is a small schoolboy trapped inside you”
    Simon: “Or else you’ve eaten one.”

You know, I think I will miss Simon most of all during next year's audition episodes. I can probably learn to live without him when there is good singing to be heard in the live competition. But it's during the deluge of dreck that his dismissive world-weary quips make the whole thing slightly bearable.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I’m looking forward to hearing more from Crystal Bowersox. I liked her voice a lot, but on top of that she’s from Ohio!!! We don't get a lot of people who make it that far.

For anyone that’s interested, I believe it said she was from Elliston, OH. I had never heard of it, but my husband, who grew up in Toledo, said it was east of Toledo.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3817883;
    I’m looking forward to hearing more from Crystal Bowersox.
    Maybe this will tide you over,

Crystal on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Crystal Bowersox | The Next Big Sound

Lots of stuff on YouTube

YouTube - Crystal Bowersox

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3817905;
    Thank you, fellow Ohioan!

O-H !

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3817616;
    Hope is another keeper.
    Usually I hate backstories, but she was interesting to me. She's absolutely beautiful and could rise to the top if she handles herself well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456