+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2/2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

They got us good! Hasta luego!

Nicci's agent must be trying to get her into showbz desperately!

FORT Fogey

Last year Bikini Girl set a new low for Idol exploitation. And Bikini Boy tonight, was good for a light chuckle. But, I have to return to the whole Casey James incident. Now, I like a flash of abs as much as the next (gay) guy, but asking someone in a professional audition to disrobe for no legitimate reason is creepy. This is just a tiny step above the casting couch.

Let me be blunt, this is sexual harassment. You have the young auditioner, powerless, standing in front of the all-powerful judges that can make or break a career. That is a power imbalance of whopping proportions. Can you imagine Simon asking a girl to open her blouse. (Well, yes, as a matter of fact I can... but can you imagine him doing it on TV?)

Extra creep points for Randy's part in the whole sordid affair. Ms. Beckham made the initial reasonable request for him to change his hairstyle. Kara took it boldly a step further asking him to unbutton a bit of his shirt. Then Randy tells him to take the shirt off. Dawg! And I thought Nigel Lythgoe was TV's perviest judge!

So, am I the only one offended by this little incident?

FORT Fogey

Twenty-six Denver contestants got golden tickets to Hollywood. But tonight's show was very different from the previous audition shows. Take a look below. There was only one full pimp package (Casey James). And that only rose to that level because he got a camera crew to come out to his house (or something). But the only thing they used from that footage was a quick shot of him walking along a road. That's it. All the other pimpees had to get by with a Half Pimp (or in Haley's case, just an audition.)

So, why the change? Well, the producers now know who the Top 24 are. Maybe they don't want to waste time on people they know won't make it. OR.... they are saving the big pimps for tomorrow night's special show. Stay tuned.

Full pimp package
    This group gets a full audition, lots of judge reaction and discussion, as well as a behind-the-scenes visit with their families and some sit-down time with Ryan. And they need all that screen time to tell their sad, sad stories.
    • Casey James – “Slow Dancing in a Burning Room” Survived a bad car accident; Simon says boring - but Kara likes (especially when Randy asks him to take off his shirt). Has Kara found her new Matt Giraud? This is the lightest full pimp package I have ever seen. They sent a whole camera crew out just to film a shot of him walking down the side of the road. Where are the weeping parents? The dear departed spouse?

Half Pimp
    These hopefuls get sit-down time with Ryan. Most also have their families in tow at the call-back audition standing outside the door primed for tearful reactions.
    • Mark Labriola – “Tempted” - Kidnapped by Mom at 5; has his son with him.
    • Kimberly Kerbow – “I am” - Flirts with Simon about Rogaine; also has a bunch of cute kids in tow. Victoria claims Kimberley ws wearing a wig.
    • Danelle Hays – “I’m The Only One” - Somewhat weepy / shouty singer; Runs a karaoke bar; Simon wants to rescure her.
    • Torri Kelly - “Gravity” - Not only does Torri have a cute kid, she bring her in to the audition where she charms the judges with pictures she has drawn.
    • Nicci Nix - (Something by Girls Aloud) - Flew all the way from Florence; nice pop singing voice; but she sounds like a chipmunk when she speaks. Come the next squeakquel, she's a shoo-in.

Audition Only
    No camera crew visit, and no sit-down time with Ryan. But we do see most of their audition and lots of positive comments from the judges.
    • Haeley Vaughn – “Last Name” - the black Carrie Underwood? At least she has a unique anglE.

Quotes of the night
    Simon Cowell: "You just killed every cat in Denver."
    Ty Hemmerling: "They're coming back, right?

Note to V. Beckham:
    This is American Idol; America's Top Model auditions are down the hall.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 02-03-2010 at 12:22 AM.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I agree with you, TopCat. That was rude, at the very least, for the girls to ask Casey to take his shirt off. There would have been trouble if it was Simon and Randy asking a girl to take some of her clothes off. I'm sure Casey was so desperate to go to Hollywood that he'd do just about anything he was asked. I felt badly for him. He was like a piece of meat to them.

Ugh - why did we get two shows with Posh??? Not to mention she stayed for multiple days. She is way too dry and seems more interested in style than singing. Yet we only got one day with Neil Patrick Harris and Kristen Chenowith, who were fantastic.

FORT Fogey

the most interesting thing about last night's show was seeing Ryan watching the auditions. I figured he had an earpiece that let him know what was going on inside but we did see the monitor off to the side from the door to the inner sanctum. Never saw that before....most everything else was ho hum

FORT Fogey

Victoria does look really plastic but I think she's one gorgeous piece of plastic.

Haeley had a bad audition in my opinion. She was rushing a lot and didn't seem to have much rhythm. She also needs a makeover. Her mom and sister were dressed more appropriately. She also needs to cut those stringy, malnourished ends of hers. If you are going to perm your hair, keep it current! She has potential but didn't blow me away.

Casey James was not impressive.

Danelle looks like she's been through it, doesn't she?

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3816431;
    Last year Bikini Girl set a new low for Idol exploitation. And Bikini Boy tonight, was good for a light chuckle. But, I have to return to the whole Casey James incident. Now, I like a flash of abs as much as the next (gay) guy, but asking someone in a professional audition to disrobe for no legitimate reason is creepy. This is just a tiny step above the casting couch.

Let me be blunt, this is sexual harassment. You have the young auditioner, powerless, standing in front of the all-powerful judges that can make or break a career. That is a power imbalance of whopping proportions. Can you imagine Simon asking a girl to open her blouse. (Well, yes, as a matter of fact I can... but can you imagine him doing it on TV?)

Extra creep points for Randy's part in the whole sordid affair. Ms. Beckham made the initial reasonable request for him to change his hairstyle. Kara took it boldly a step further asking him to unbutton a bit of his shirt. Then Randy tells him to take the shirt off. Dawg! And I thought Nigel Lythgoe was TV's perviest judge!

So, am I the only one offended by this little incident?

I totally agree! It was creepy and completely inappropriate! If it was a female that was treated like that, there would have been a lawsuit the minute she left the room. I really felt sorry for that guy.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Nicci Nix seems to be acting as well as singing. She has been on a few other reality shows, without a squeaky voice.

'American Idol' -- Duped by a Phoney??? | TMZ.com

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3818815;
    Nicci Nix seems to be acting as well as singing. She has been on a few other reality shows, without a squeaky voice.

'American Idol' -- Duped by a Phoney??? | TMZ.com
    I thought she looked familiar.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast