+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 1/27 Show Discussion **spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/27 Show Discussion **spoilers**

From the St Petersburg Times:

ST. PETERSBURG Police said a St. Petersburg woman took a TV dispute too far Tuesday night when she stabbed and scalded her boyfriend over "American Idol.''

Police arrested Cynthia E. Bettis-Ware, 52, on a charge of first-degree attempted murder of Kevin Johnson, 47...

The couple were watching American Idol when they began arguing over something that happened on the show...
    Jiminey Christmas! And I though we got intense over here at FORT.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3811068;
    AI 9 Rules

Maybe he is 29 now but 28 when he auditioned?
    It baffles me b/c in the interview he said that he was 29 - I guess his birthday must have been in the 2 weeks between the cutoff date and his audition!!

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3811163;
    When Adam L. was on Oprah he mentioned that Simon really is only looking for people who suit his taste. He mentioned that Simon doesn't get country so there isn't much someone can do who is a country singer to get by him.
    Say what? Simon loved Carrie Underwood on sight and practically anointed her the winner of her season on the spot. I think Simon's "taste" is directly affected by the potential earning power of the contestant. I personally agreed with him on jazz singer girl, she wasn't that great...mind you I didn't see anyone that great.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3811214;
    Say what? Simon loved Carrie Underwood on sight and practically anointed her the winner of her season on the spot. I think Simon's "taste" is directly affected by the potential earning power of the contestant. I personally agreed with him on jazz singer girl, she wasn't that great...mind you I didn't see anyone that great.
    No I don't remember him "loving" her immediately and I do remember the pronouncement of her success but that was well into the competition when American had been making their point about Carrie.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3811215;
    No I don't remember him "loving" her immediately and I do remember the pronouncement of her success but that was well into the competition when American had been making their point about Carrie.
    Oh no - Simon loved Carrie from the second he saw her...

I remember him doing an interview on Oprah before the season started and talking about how there was one contestant who was going to be a superstar - and it was Carrie!

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3811215;
    YouTube - American Idol Audition

Carrie's audition, unedited as Paula wasn't there for the original audition. Check at 4:33 for Simon's remark.

"Carrie, I think you're very good and I was just saying to someone the other day I'm surprised we haven't found a good country singer in this competition yet. And I'm not a huge fan but I'm just surprised. I think you are very good. I think you should stay good at what you're doing as well."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3811342;
    YouTube - American Idol Audition

Carrie's audition, unedited as Paula wasn't there for the original audition. Check at 4:33 for Simon's remark.

"Carrie, I think you're very good and I was just saying to someone the other day I'm surprised we haven't found a good country singer in this competition yet. And I'm not a huge fan but I'm just surprised. I think you are very good. I think you should stay good at what you're doing as well."
    I wouldn't call that comment "loving" her from the minute he saw her. The "pronouncement" that I am referring to is winning the competition and being the greatest.....etc. That came well after America got involved

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3811163;
    When Adam L. was on Oprah he mentioned that Simon really is only looking for people who suit his taste. He mentioned that Simon doesn't get country so there isn't much someone can do who is a country singer to get by him.
    Well I certainly think Simon's initial reaction shows how a country girl got by him with his utmost approval prior to anyone getting involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3811384;
    I wouldn't call that comment "loving" her from the minute he saw her. The "pronouncement" that I am referring to is winning the competition and being the greatest.....etc. That came well after America got involved
    There is a video on youtube called "Simon Cowell comments on Carrie Underwood" - The Oprah interview is on there and he says that he said from the day she auditioned he thought she was the one. He goes on to predict that she will be the most successful idol ever.

I think Simon is interested in anyone that he feels will make him a lot of money...and I don't think he has seen that person since Carrie - which is why so many people think he only likes a certain type.

When I saw Carrie in the audition round - I told my DH - she will win and be really famous. I have never done that since with any contestant b/c I don't think there has been anyone that good since then - Major superstars like Carrie are few and far between and the odds that Idol will find stars like that every season are next to impossible!

FORT Fogey

Re: Joe Jonas

Jim Cantiello of MTV just tweeted:

Woah. In the edit. Noticed that "Idol" re-used the same shot of Joe Jonas saying "yeah" twice! TWIIICE!!! He was even worse than we thought!
    This is a good reminder that what we see on TV, especially regarding judges reactions, is a complete fiction made up in the editing room by splicing lots of different reactions together until they tell an interesting story. Let the viewer beware. That's why I am dubious of coming to any conclusions until the show is live.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 01-28-2010 at 05:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread