+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: 1/26 Show Discussion **spoilers**

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: 1/26 Show Discussion **spoilers**

I have to say that I wasn't impressed by Katy. She didn't give anything of value. She was obnoxiously rude. She's not the most talented person in the music business and she was acting like she was. I truly hope they never have her back
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I've always found both of the guest judges to be a bit "vapid"

However, if Katy Perry was trying to make the point that the last guy didn't need the sympathy vote, than I have a new found respect for her. However, the way it was edited, she just seemed to be babbling.

Avril added nothing . . . . except a chance to toot her own horn by wearing a jacket from her own clothing line.

It's obvious way they spent so much time focusing on the two guys last night . . . . there really wasn't anything else worth talking about.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Avril wasn't the most effective judge, to say the least, but it hardly matters. The whole show was a yawner and the auditions seemed to be just filler in between the sob story segments. I even spied a Gokey 2.0 contestant. I mean, really? Who needs another one?

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3809831;
    MTV is reporting that yes, that was Daniel Franco from Project Runway (Seasons 1&2) posing as the love child of Adam Lambert and Susan Boyle. And yes, he is 38.

Also in the Lambert-wannabe medley was Cassidy Haley. Adam has mentioned Cassidy before as the person who gave him several of his signature looks on the show and on tour. So, I guess that makes Adam a Cassidy wannabe, rather than the other way around?
    Cassidy is with Skingraft, the company that made several of the jackets Adam wore on the show and the fancy one on the tour.
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 01-27-2010 at 11:49 AM.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fogey

MTV is reporting that yes, that was Daniel Franco from Project Runway (Seasons 1&2) posing as the love child of Adam Lambert and Susan Boyle. And yes, he is 38.
    that was him!!! i kept saying do i know him?
    gee, was he seeking publicity for his clothig line

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3809754;
    My pet peeve at this point... when they're saying yes or no and Randy or Kara say, "100 billion percent yes!". Picky, I know, but it irks me every time.
    I know what you mean! This is a pet peeve in real life as well. ANYTHING over 100% is total bull. It is simply impossible to give anymore than you have to give, and whatever that is becomes your 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3809878;
    I have to say that I wasn't impressed by Katy. She didn't give anything of value. She was obnoxiously rude. She's not the most talented person in the music business and she was acting like she was. I truly hope they never have her back
    Avril was worse IMO. Like a smirking 14-year-old, compounded by that ridiculous hoodie. I was disappointed in Katy - when she guest-hosted Seacrest's top 40 show, she displayed a sense of humour and was pretty quick-witted, and we didn't see any of that last night.

Ms.F, I thought pastor guy & the Latino with the big glasses were both also-ran Gokeys...Gokey 2.0 and 2.1.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3810008;
    Ms.F, I thought pastor guy & the Latino with the big glasses were both also-ran Gokeys...Gokey 2.0 and 2.1.
    Haha, yes! Those two blended together so I forgot about one of them. Maybe they can pair them up and launch them as a duet act. They could harmonize on "Dream On"...
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Last night's show reminded me how much I still miss Paula. Avril seemed like she was on to plug her awful hoodies.
    I didn't mind Katy as much. I did agree with her point about the back stories turning these contestants into the Lifetime movie of the week.
    I am hoping there are some breakout singers in Dallas.
    While I liked a couple last night, there were none that totally knocked me out. And, while the pastor guy and the son of the gang ban*ers were OK, neither one was at all stellar.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! I thought it was him but then decided it wasn't because he's way over the age limit. But, then again, if General Larry Platt can "get through," so could Daniel Franco, I guess...

FORT Fogey

I think the guest judges have been okay so far besides these two. Shania was fine. Mary was good. Squeaky little blonde lady was charming. I think they need judges who are familiar with the development process and who can recognize potential. I don't think Katy has that ability. And Avril doesn't possess it either. Neither lady is particularly talented either from what I have heard from them.

+ Reply to Thread