+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 1/26 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 1/26 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Well, that was an hour I'll never get back. At one point I was in the kitchen during commercials and heard someone singing, "I'll Be There" with a really beautiful tone. I rushed back to see who it was - and it was a commercial! 5 yr. old Michael sang better than any of these guys.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3809197;
    Mary Powers has an 8 year old daughter. (Simon is her daughter's favorite). She sings Love is a Battlefield. She has a good rock voice. She goes through. And Ryan sends the eight-year-old in for a kiss from Simon Aww...
    I liked her but wanted to slap Avril on her critique. She is just fine with her going through even though she has kids, but the guy with kids she wasn't because how would he take care of his kids? What is the difference?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

Twenty-two LA contestants got golden tickets to Hollywood. (We only saw five???) Anyway, of those, here's the folks that the producers are pushing:

Full pimp package
    This group gets a full audition, lots of judge reaction and discussion, as well as a behind-the-scenes visit with their families and some sit-down time with Ryan. And they need all that screen time to tell their sad, sad stories.
    • Jim Ranger – “Drive” - The worship leader with three kids.
    • Andrew Garcia – “Sunday Morning” - Grew up with a gang family
    • Chris Golightly – “Stand By Me” – Foster care since 18 months

Half Pimp
    These hopefuls get sit-down time with Ryan. Most also have their families in tow at the call-back audition standing outside the door primed for tearful reactions.
    • Mary Powers – “Love is a Battlefield” - her daughter loves Simon
    • Tasha Leighton – “Baby Baby Baby” - personal assistant / minister
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 01-26-2010 at 10:51 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3809360;
    I liked Katy for giving it to Kara. Somebody finally had to! The last guy had a good voice but the fact that he has a tragic backstory... ughh.
    I agree. For some reason Kara assumed that Katy would follow her lead. There's no reason why she should. However, that said, I didn't hear a lot of constructive advice from Ms. Perry for the contestants.

FORT Fogey

Thanks for the recaps, guys! Now it is almost time for me to watch and judge you on your judgments!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3809362;
    Katy is a fool. I'm just judging that based on the "Adam Lambert" cape she wore. And then he didn't win. I'm surprised she wasn't too embarrassed to show up.
    Why would she be embarrassed? She and Adam are friends in real life and the cape was funny.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fogey

It is like when someone gives a last minute presidential endorsement and the guy does not win! Ouch!

You all said Neil was not hot. If he's not hot, why is his face so sweaty? lol!

Daniel Franco was on tonight! You know? He was a contestant on Project Runway season 1 and 2! He's too old!

Avril comes off as kind of snobby and hard to get along with. Who knew? lol. We all did!
    Last edited by RealityLovesMe; 01-27-2010 at 12:29 AM.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's episode.

FORT Fogey

Katy Perry didn't have anything good to say! Why did they chose these women as judges. Neither have a lot of accolades or experience. And they both have gross personalities. Katy was disagreeing just to disagree. Huge jerk especially considering she isn't all that talented.

I liked Chris. I wouldn't vote for him but I like him. One of the unnamed contestants looked like Usher to me.

We really like Chris GoLightly.

My DH lived in foster care until he was 8 so I know what an amazing person Chris must be that he is thriving today. I know people hate the boo hoo story but remember that is Idol's angle not his -if he really believed that - he would be strung out and homeless. I know what 8 years of being bounced around a foster care system did to my DH's self esteem - I can only imagine what it must have been like to grow up where no one ever truly loved you. I think Chris' life embodies the definition of alone in life. I admire that he didn't let that hold him down in life and I really hope this is a great thing for him in his life - b/c he certainly has had a whole bunch of crappy!

+ Reply to Thread