+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1/20 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 1/20 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Bank robber boy makes it Hollywood. Wasn't there a time when a criminal record disqualified you? They must be desperate.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3803345;
    Bank robber boy makes it Hollywood. Wasn't there a time when a criminal record disqualified you? They must be desperate.
    Is it maybe because he was a juvenile at the time of the offence? I was wondering about that as well.

Good thing I caught the early satellite feed or I might have fallen asleep again tonight. The only one I would have said yes to was Jermaine Purifoy, and maybe the bank robber...who is going to go the way of all the other big guys with hearts of gold in AI history anyway. Only one can make it to the top 12 and then get punted before the top 6...I think it's a rule or something.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3803382;
    Is it maybe because he was a juvenile at the time of the offence? I was wondering about that as well.

Good thing I caught the early satellite feed or I might have fallen asleep again tonight. The only one I would have said yes to was Jermaine Purifoy, and maybe the bank robber...who is going to go the way of all the other big guys with hearts of gold in AI history anyway. Only one can make it to the top 12 and then get punted before the top 6...I think it's a rule or something.
    Yeah, he's probably just filler.

So far, this season is boring. I haven't seen anybody even a bit original or out of the ordinary.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fogey

Thirty-one Orlando contestants got golden tickets to Hollywood. Of those, here's the folks that the producers are pushing:

Full pimp package
    This group gets a full audition, lots of judge reaction and discussion, as well as a behind-the-scenes visit with their families and some sit-down time with Ryan. And they need all that screen time to tell their sad, sad stories.
    • Seth Rollins – “Someone to Watch Over Me” -Autistic son.
    • Shelby Dressel – “Turn Me On” - Paralyzed face, but she forgets the words.
    • Bernadette Desimone – “Hit the Road Jack” Sister of...
    • Amanda Desimone – “I Wanna Dance with Somebody” Both Jersey girls who work in Mom's Beauty Parlor
    • Matthew Lawrence – “Trouble” - Former bank robber; judges loved his authenticity and vocal quality

Half Pimp
    These hopefuls get sit-down time with Ryan. Most also have their families in tow at the call-back audition standing outside the door primed for tearful reactions.
    • Cornelius Edwards - "Proud Mary" - Splits his pants after stripper-inspired dance moves.

Audition Only
    No camera crew visit, and no sit-down time with Ryan. But we do see most of their audition and lots of positive comments from the judges.
    • Jermaine Purifoy – “Smile” Lovely, pure voice. "The chicks will like you”, says Simon.
    • Jay Stone – “Come Together” and “Ain’t No Sunshine” - Beatboxer

Simon's cat metaphor of the night:
    “You sang as if you sat on a cat.”

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Possibly the worst audition show ever. I can't see any of them, except maybe Jermaine, going anywhere. And two of those three girls that sped by in the middle seemed like they might be really good - would have been nice to have heard more of them.

WTH with split-pants guy and the cacophonous Jersey sisters? Why fill Hollywood with people who can't sing?
    Passing over to the Dark Side

FORT Fogey

And anyone notice that Ryan grew facial hair on the flight from Miami? And everybody changed clothes?

FORT Fogey

Loved Jermaine Purifoy. He sounds like an angel!

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3803315;
    Jared Norell sings Amazing Grace. He is not so amazing. Kara tells him music is not his thing. "I'm trippin', man" I don't like the sound of this. I think he's on something. And the police come and take him out in handcuffs. An AI first, I believe.
    Yeah, he's definitely 'on' something. My husband said he sounds like bagpipes...lmao!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3803558;
    Yeah, he's definitely 'on' something. My husband said he sounds like bagpipes...lmao!
    That's insulting to bagpipes! He was just awful, listening to him was like having a root canal with no novocaine.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

When Cornelius Edwards split his pants, my husband started singing "Pants on the ground! Pants on the ground!" The judges missed an opportunity there - unless the Orlando auditions actually occurred before the Atlanta auditions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast