+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 1/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

I can't remember a single person from the past hour. Wait - the very first one with the frizzy hair. I liked her. Chicago bombed out.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3802255;
    ... and Syesha Mercado who took the opportunity to equate the song with the struggle for civil rights, the breakthrough of Barack Obama in the primaries, as well as her own tortuous Idol journey.

What?! And have a level playing field? This isn't the Olympics - THIS.....is American Idol. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

No, the granting of exposure (i.e. "pimping") is reserved ONLY for those candidates deemed worthy by the producers. You've seen those nature documentaries where the eagle parents just feed one chick and leave the weaker one to fend for itself? That's what you have here in the audition / Hollywood episodes. The producers pick their candidates and give them lots of exposure and back story. Once the voting starts in the semi-finals, people are already invested in their stories (*cough* Danny Gokey *cough*).

Ah, but once in a while those little chicks survive and outlast the their favored siblings. Last season that was the story of Kris Allen and Alison Iraheta.
    Yeah, I usually cheer for the underdog.

FORT Fogey

OK, here's the folks that the producers highlighted for us tonight:

Full pimp package
    This group gets a full audition, lots of judge reaction and discussion, as well as a behind-the-scenes visit with their families and some sit-down time with Ryan. And they need all that screen time to tell their sad, sad stories.
    • Katelyn Epperley – “Syrup and Honey” Parents going through a D-I-V-O-R-C-E. She's doing it for her mom.
    • Charity Vance – “Summertime” – She works at her parents hair salon. (This is a sob story??)
    • Angela Martin – "Just Fine" - Sick daughter; dad died; Made Top 50 last year, then had to leave.

Half Pimp
    These hopefuls get sit-down time with Ryan. Most also have their families in tow at the call-back audition standing outside the door primed for tearful reactions.
    • Paige Dechausse - "Change is Gonna Come" - Nearly died from asthma; Grandma rented a limo for the entire family to come to the audition

Audition Only
    No camera crew visit, and no sit-down time with Ryan. But we do see most of their audition and lots of positive comments from the judges.
    • John Park – The new Anoop; "A great bottom end" says Shania

THANK YOU, TopCat for keeping us informed!! If not for you... WHERE have all the posters on this site gone? I know since Facebook got popular my email has dropped drastically; I wonder if Facebook has claimed all the former posters? hmmmmm....(Hey! That sounded better than most of what I heard on my tv tonight!)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3802390;
    THANK YOU, TopCat for keeping us informed!! If not for you... WHERE have all the posters on this site gone? I know since Facebook got popular my email has dropped drastically; I wonder if Facebook has claimed all the former posters? hmmmmm....(Hey! That sounded better than most of what I heard on my tv tonight!)
    We had a good crowd for the premiere episode in Boston. Less for Atlanta, and fewer for tonight. Some folks just have a low threshold for bad singing.

This is normal. People will be back for the semi-final voting next month - unless the Olympics takes them away.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I mostly used to just take part in SYTYCD discussions. I've branched-out into other forums here, but I don't get as into AI and some of the other shows as I do SYTYCD. Guess I just don't have much to say.

Gotta hand it to Shania....while the others were laughing, she kept a straight face.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Angela Martin – 1,2,3 strikes & you're not out yet. Time to move on & try something else.

FORT Fogey

Shania was a fantastic judge. Why didn't they scoop her up rather than Ellen. I was pleased in the previous two audtition there were not too many jokers.....but AI was determined to make up for it by showing WAY to many stupid auditions.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3802164;
    Yeah, and a little background on Angela - her mother has been missing since Christmas. I hope things go better for her.
    The girl who a) father died b) apparently has a developmentally delayed daughter c) had to leave AI for a court problem also has a missing mother??? Really???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast