+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 59

Thread: 1/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

  1. #31
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,815

    Re: 1/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Time to shut up, Shania! John Park sounded great, AND he's a "new" ethnic type for Idol.

  2. #32
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: 1/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD;3802196;
    Time to shut up, Shania! John Park sounded great, AND he's a "new" ethnic type for Idol.
    What did she say?

  3. #33
    FORT Fogey xmaskat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,519

    Re: 1/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Good grief. The second half hour is almost over, and we only saw 1 decent person (John Parks). Maybe sob story girl after the break will be good also.

  4. #34
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    3,759

    Re: 1/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Paige Dechausee had bad asthma and passed out and was in the hospital with a 30% chance of surviving. Sings Change is Gonna Come. She's very pretty; a good (not great) voice. This year's "package artist"? The girls want to give her a break. Simon says no. Randy isn't sure... but gives in.

  5. #35
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,815

    Re: 1/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    atem, Shania kept using musical terms that could have been taken (and were, by Randy) as sexual innuendo.

    REALLY liked Paige! "A Change is Gonna Come", sung also by Taylor Hicks and Adam Lambert.

  6. #36
    Helplessly Hoping AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,879

    Re: 1/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Good thing Shania is good judge, the singers haven't overwhelmed.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

  7. #37
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: 1/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3802211;
    Paige Dechausee had bad asthma and passed out and was in the hospital with a 30% chance of surviving. Sings Change is Gonna Come. She's very pretty; a good (not great) voice. This year's "package artist"? The girls want to give her a break. Simon says no. Randy isn't sure... but gives in.
    Oh, what do the other 2 say?

    Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD;3802214;
    atem, Shania kept using musical terms that could have been taken (and were, by Randy) as sexual innuendo.

    REALLY liked Paige! "A Change is Gonna Come", sung also by Taylor Hicks and Adam Lambert.
    Oh, ok!

  8. #38
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    3,759

    Re: 1/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    We see several go by with a fraction of a song - and a golden ticket:
    Justin Ray
    Keith Semple
    Marcus Jones

    (From such a glimpse came last year's winner.)

  9. #39
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: 1/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3802219;
    We see several go by with a fraction of a song - and a golden ticket:
    Justin Ray
    Keith Semple
    Marcus Jones

    (From such a glimpse came last year's winner.)
    So, they really don't show all the ones that get tickets? I usually don't watch this series until much later.

  10. #40
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    3,759

    Re: 1/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD;3802214;
    "A Change is Gonna Come", sung also by Taylor Hicks and Adam Lambert.
    ... and Syesha Mercado who took the opportunity to equate the song with the struggle for civil rights, the breakthrough of Barack Obama in the primaries, as well as her own tortuous Idol journey.

    Quote Originally Posted by atem;3802230;
    So, they really don't show all the ones that get tickets? I usually don't watch this series until much later.
    What?! And have a level playing field? This isn't the Olympics - THIS.....is American Idol. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

    No, the granting of exposure (i.e. "pimping") is reserved ONLY for those candidates deemed worthy by the producers. You've seen those nature documentaries where the eagle parents just feed one chick and leave the weaker one to fend for itself? That's what you have here in the audition / Hollywood episodes. The producers pick their candidates and give them lots of exposure and back story. Once the voting starts in the semi-finals, people are already invested in their stories (*cough* Danny Gokey *cough*).

    Ah, but once in a while those little chicks survive and outlast the their favored siblings. Last season that was the story of Kris Allen and Alison Iraheta.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 01-19-2010 at 09:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.