+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 1/13 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 1/13 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Didn't like anybody from Atlanta. Country chick with the $4.50 dress was cute for about a minute but I'm over the fallen-off-the-turnip-truck syndrome. Not that I was ever a fan of that. And this country hardly needs another Kellie Pickler when we could have already done without the first one.

General Pants. Hmm. Despite his nice backstory, he had no business being on the show at all. The age cutoff is 28 so why even let him get past the stadium guard dog producers? Two thirds of the people featured last night were certifiable, maybe one or two could sing without imitating somebody else and then there was Pants guy who seems like a shoo-in for the usual mock-the-contestant segment on the finale.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I enjoyed Mr. Pants on the ground. I made sure to sing it to my nephew who likes to wear his pants on the ground,lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3798593;
    I enjoyed Mr. Pants on the ground. I made sure to sing it to my nephew who likes to wear his pants on the ground,lol.
    my husband sang it several times today, enough that my three-year-old began singing it on her own. it's funny and weird hearing it from her
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;3798340;
    "Anointed" is a common term in black churches, actually I think it's pretty common in Pentecostal churches in general; it just describes someone who is really meant to use a given talent to serve other people. In this case MJB was saying she felt Jermaine's voice was a gift.
    Oh, ok. I live in the south and have even been to black churches and I don't think I've ever heard that, lol. Thanks for the explanation, I guess I've learned my fact for the day

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3798464;
    Didn't like anybody from Atlanta. Country chick with the $4.50 dress was cute for about a minute but I'm over the fallen-off-the-turnip-truck syndrome. Not that I was ever a fan of that. And this country hardly needs another Kellie Pickler when we could have already done without the first one.

General Pants. Hmm. Despite his nice backstory, he had no business being on the show at all. The age cutoff is 28 so why even let him get past the stadium guard dog producers? Two thirds of the people featured last night were certifiable, maybe one or two could sing without imitating somebody else and then there was Pants guy who seems like a shoo-in for the usual mock-the-contestant segment on the finale.

Kellie Pickler has made a career for herself unlike a huge percentage of Idol contestants who did not place in the top two each season. The fact that she is just adorable and played the country girl to the hilt certainly didn't hurt her.

Of course the old man never would have gotten past the stadium intro UNLESS they wanted him. He also had a gimmick and it worked and I am pretty sure he will NOT be mocked on the finale...not with the publicity he is getting. The idea of his song seems to be resonating with a lot of America

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3799059;
    Kellie Pickler has made a career for herself unlike a huge percentage of Idol contestants who did not place in the top two each season. The fact that she is just adorable and played the country girl to the hilt certainly didn't hurt her.

Of course the old man never would have gotten past the stadium intro UNLESS they wanted him. He also had a gimmick and it worked and I am pretty sure he will NOT be mocked on the finale...not with the publicity he is getting. The idea of his song seems to be resonating with a lot of America
    Well, that's nice for them but I couldn't care less whether Pickler - who could barely sing a note in tune on Idol - did well in country music or whether Pants guys whose aversion for low-slung pants "resonates" with America. I don't have to like them or give them props.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011