+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 1/13 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 1/13 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;3796299;
    I like the country girl who sang Wagon Wheel. But Boston had better auditions.
    I was crying when she said "I get to go on an Areo-plane" "I get to eat peanuts on an Aero-plane"

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy_Maisy;3796884;
    I was crying when she said "I get to go on an Areo-plane" "I get to eat peanuts on an Aero-plane"
    I feel so anxious for her, though. As Simon said Hollywood may eat her alive. There is rural and then there is true country and she just isn't ready for the overwhelming noise, traffic, people, etc...to say nothing of the intense pressure that is Hollywood week. I hope we get to see her perform with her guitar before they send her home.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I'm not too bothered by Skii Bo Ski's record. I hope it doesn't disqualify him from the show. It may not if he is honest about it.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Did anyone else think that Mary J. Blige was rude?? I didn't like her at all! And when the contestants were singing Country, it looked like they were raking their fingernails on a chalkboard to her! (Which is how I feel but I'm not in front of them as they're singing-lol!)

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3796339;
    I found this on General Larry Platt. What an interesting man. Keep up the good work sir!

General Larry Platt: A closer look - Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information
    Thanks for the article! Loved The General and his song and love him even more after reading about all that he's done. Someone mentioned this upthread, but I would love to have his ringtone as well!

Gotta give most of the gals props for these tryouts -- you may not have made it but you all were the best dressed ladies for your tryouts!

Jermaine really stood out for me. He and the Boston guy with the knit hat are my fav's out of these 2 episodes.

Skiboski-- I don't know that I've ever wanted them to take someone's ticket away before, but as soon as he made that parting remark to Randy, I would've loved to have seen Randy run up and grab it out of his hands. I don't see that punk making it further than the next tryouts!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy_Maisy;3796884;
    Eh, good for her but Hollywood's going to eat her alive. She almost reminded me of Kelly Pickler but at least Kelly could sing. I'd love to see this girl make it to the Final 12, just so she could get a stylist and live that experience. But I don't see her making it through; her warble wasn't that great (IMO). But at least she'll always be able to say she went to Hollywood. I hope something good comes out of this for her!

My almost-7yo was watching this and was confused when she said aero-plane -- I had to explain what she meant.
    Last edited by cantstopwatchin; 01-15-2010 at 08:57 AM.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

I must have missed Skiboski's parting comment. Can somebody fill me in?? Of course I thought he was an idiot before

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

So the General visited 1 of the local radio morning shows here in Atlanta and he talked with them and sang his song (longer than on AI). Here's the video -- absolutely love this guy!!

http://www.star94.com/cindyandray/Story.aspx?ID=1185120
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3797416;
    I must have missed Skiboski's parting comment. Can somebody fill me in?? Of course I thought he was an idiot before
    He should be disqualified now because of his criminal history.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3797192;
    I feel so anxious for her, though. As Simon said Hollywood may eat her alive. There is rural and then there is true country and she just isn't ready for the overwhelming noise, traffic, people, etc...to say nothing of the intense pressure that is Hollywood week. I hope we get to see her perform with her guitar before they send her home.
    I may be in the minority here, but I am not buying her whole act.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3797361;
    Did anyone else think that Mary J. Blige was rude?? I didn't like her at all! And when the contestants were singing Country, it looked like they were raking their fingernails on a chalkboard to her! (Which is how I feel but I'm not in front of them as they're singing-lol!)

I agree. and did anyone notice she said Miss Congeliality instead of Congeniality? She also kept using words in ways that made no sense to me. Like describing something as "anointed"? Um...ok.

I think I liked Jermaine the best out of this bunch. I hate the way they stereotype Tennessee (where I live). Showing Vanessa skipping off with no shoes on...Thanks, AI

Quote Originally Posted by neighborhoodie;3798175;
    I agree. and did anyone notice she said Miss Congeliality instead of Congeniality? She also kept using words in ways that made no sense to me. Like describing something as "anointed"? Um...ok.
    "Anointed" is a common term in black churches, actually I think it's pretty common in Pentecostal churches in general; it just describes someone who is really meant to use a given talent to serve other people. In this case MJB was saying she felt Jermaine's voice was a gift.

+ Reply to Thread