+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ellen DeGeneres, Judge

FORT Fogey

Re: Ellen DeGeneres, Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3823914;
    I love Ellen. I think she is a great addition. She is taking it far more seriously than I thought she would, and I was glad to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3824033;
    She just wasn't working for me at all last night. Her expressions seemed to vacillate between fear and anger...
    Sounds like two people seeing the same thing, but coming to different conclusions.

Kind of why some people liked Kris and some people liked Adam.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

For those who are saying that Ellen is doing a good job, I would like to know an example of something she did that added value to the panel. I didn't see anything.

Just her being there added value to the panel. I mean most anything is better than Kara and Randy(and Paula).

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I still don't think this is the right place for Ellen. She should judge a comedy competition, not a singing competition.

Ellen brings nothing musical to the show, anyone could sit in that chair and bring something different than Paula did, Eddie Murphy, Rosie O'Donnell, Sylvester Stalone, Bruce Willis, Star Jones, etc etc. The difference is, for all the talk about crazy Paula, she could sing, she had a few hit singles, she knew the business and has been involved in it for years. She had a lot more credibility to judge this show, even with the crazy.

I'm not a Kara fan, but she has at least been in the business for a while, as has Randy and of course Simon. Ellen has never been in the music business. Liking music doesn't give her the qualifications to act as a judge in a singing competition, if it did, then I would be qualified as well.

FORT Fogey

StarryElf, let's send our resumes to FOX! I cannot carry a tune and enjoy singing in the shower. I bet American Idol would be impressed. Plus, I'd work for a fraction of what Simon demands.

After musing on the show a bit more, I think what bothered me the most last night was that it was - dare I say it - BORING!
    I like the fact that we do seem to have some very good singers this season. However, half the fun for me in watching this show is the judge's repartee. I saw none of that last night. And the show became dull and tedious for me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3824132;
    I still don't think this is the right place for Ellen. She should judge a comedy competition, not a singing competition.

Ellen brings nothing musical to the show, anyone could sit in that chair and bring something different than Paula did, Eddie Murphy, Rosie O'Donnell, Sylvester Stalone, Bruce Willis, Star Jones, etc etc. The difference is, for all the talk about crazy Paula, she could sing, she had a few hit singles, she knew the business and has been involved in it for years. She had a lot more credibility to judge this show, even with the crazy.

I'm not a Kara fan, but she has at least been in the business for a while, as has Randy and of course Simon. Ellen has never been in the music business. Liking music doesn't give her the qualifications to act as a judge in a singing competition, if it did, then I would be qualified as well.
    I think...(and granted we ALL think differently)...that what Ellen does add IS the fan prespective. We have 3 judges with "creditable" opinions, but Ellen comes with a differenct opinion/prespective...that of a "fan"...of someone who will buy the music or perhaps help to "sell" the winner!

FORT Fogey

Sorry, Paula's antics became boring. The "appearing" intoxicated seemed to havre lessened in the last season, but the stupidity with Simon just ruined the show for me. The time she LET him draw a balck mustache on her was the final straw for me....and from what I read, a lot of other people too. I thought ellen was fine and look forward to her not needing to flirt ( if that was what Paula and Simon were doing).

To the Point

Actually, anyone who chooses to vote is playing judge, therefore, I think Ellen is as qualified as she needs to be. Now, whether she adds anything of value for the viewer is a different animal all together and remains to be seen. Paula didn't add anything of value regardless of her experience in the business. Her behavior alone discounted any credibility she might have once brought to the table.

+ Reply to Thread