+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: AI9 Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: AI9 Spoilers

Yeah. All of their info is based on JoesPlace and JP considers it a rumor. And they don't even believe it is true. I feel badly for JP because these news magazines are presenting the information like JP is stating it as fact. This could come back to bite JP in the butt. Not her fault at all.

FORT Fogey

True. Andy Denhart at Reality Blurred called it, I think:

The rumor that Michael Lynche was disqualified from American Idol 9 remains that, but some members of the media have been making a connection where there never was one.

Today, multiple publications reported that there’s a definitive link between a story in the St. Petersburg Times by Eric Deggans in which Lynche’s father confirms his son made it to the top 24 and the disqualification rumors. Yet there has never been any evidence of that, and they’re simply mashing together what they’ve failed to read carefully. How embarrassing!

In my post Friday, I pointed out that there was no public evidence of Lynche himself violating his confidentiality agreement... But that didn’t stop the press, which can’t be bothered with nuance when it can create a link where there wasn’t one: The New York Post said he “was booted over the weekend” because “his father told a local newspaper that his son made the semifinals, a violation of the show’s confidentiality rules.” People said he “was reportedly told to pack his bags after his father revealed to his local Florida paper, The St. Petersburg Times, that Michael had made the top 24.” And then other outlets passed along the misinformation and kept the story going.
    Oh, well. The auditions are boring. At least this gives us a little drama to enjoy.

FORT Fogey

Hmm. I don't know if he has the story 100% correct. What I witnesses was someone told Joes Place or one of its associates that Michael Lynch was disqualified for breaking the confidentiality agreement and that Antwan Michaels had replaced him. It was reported as a rumor and the article with his dad bragging seemed to be the evidence. But no other "inside source" substantiated the claim that Michael was disqualified. So Joes Place didn't ignore it but she stated it as a rumor. The New York Post ran with it. And I guess nobody cared to check with Joes Place for clarification and they trusted the NY Post and ran with the story as well.

The auditions are boring but there is more drama! A Jermaine is in the top 24 but which Jermaine is it? Sellers or Purifoy! That's some drama! And how about Ben Honeycutt. His audition has not yet aired but he is still the most popular contestant of season 9! How will his crazy fans react when they find out he didn't make the top 24? Will they claim they will stop watching but then end up watching anyway?
    Other tidbits:
    Ashley Rodriguez prefers to be called Ashley Makailah
    Michelle Delamor is Latina. She may or may not be technically bi-racial. Who knows?! But her myspace says "Latina"
    Siobhan (pronounced Sha-Vaughn) was recently bald.
    Todrick Hall is apparently not gay. His eyebrows sure fooled me!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3804153;
    Poor man's Adam Lambert?

Not if he lives in North Richland Hills... anything by poor!!

FORT Fogey

Chatter in the spoilerverse!

Alex Lambert
    He seems to have an obsession with Barney, the dinosaur. Some think that could be him in the Barney suit tonight.

Andrew Garcia
    Is he the second coming of Danny Gokey? Apparently, his friends have made comparisons.

Haeley Vaughn
    Is said to have defeated Angela Martin in a sing-off. I'll have to see it to believe. Angela is so good!

Jermaine Sellers
    Is rumored to be gay. Apparently it had an effect on his placement on Sunday Best. Hopefully it does not this time.

Todrick Hall
    Was in charge of running "OZ the Musical," a production that was supposed to allow kids to perform onstage with professionals like Vonzell Soloman and Diana Degarmo for a fee. Thousands of families paid that fee. According to Todrick, his producer was in charge of the budget, production costs grew, and funding for the project was canceled during rough economic times. As a result, the musical was canceled and there wasn't enough money to give the families a refund. According to Todrick, he's upset that this happened and is trying to put on another production and use the proceeds from it to pay the families back. According to the families, the whole thing was a scam. Who knows?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3810243;
    ... As a result, the musical was canceled and there wasn't enough money to give the families a refund.
    "It's absolutely amazing. But under the right circumstances, a producer could make more money with a flop than he could with a hit."

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3810307;
    "It's absolutely amazing. But under the right circumstances, a producer could make more money with a flop than he could with a hit."

Thanks for posting that, TopCat. One of my favorite Broadway musicals ever!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

A contestant gets drunk right before the group round and then she quits... right before her group is set to perform.

FORT Fogey

Joe's Place is feeling pretty good about the Top 24 list right now, so I think it's time to repost with current info. Basically it's the same as last week's post, except Todrick Hall replaces Ben Honeycutt and last week we had the wrong Paige - the contestant is Paige Miles.

Michael Lynche is not cut - that was just a rumor. Joe's place reported it as a rumor, but the mainstream media put that together with a St Petersburg Times story and ran with it as fact. Don't they look dumb now! They will probably blame Joe's Place; but even with the info about Michael's dad blabbing to the local paper, Joe's Place continued to insist that the disqualification was just a rumor. So far, it appears Michael is in.

Top 12 Guys
    • Aaron Kelly
    • Alexander “Alex” Lambert
    • Andrew Garcia
    • Casey James
    • Christopher “Chris” Golightly
    • Jermine Sellers
    • John Park
    • Jose (Joe) Munoz
    • Lee DeWyze
    • Michael Lynche
    • Todrick Hall
    • Tyler Grady

Top 12 Girls
    • Ashley Makailah Rodriguez
    • Crystal Bowersox
    • Haeley Vaughn
    • Janell Wheeler
    • Katelyn Epperly
    • Katie Stevens
    • Lacey Brown
    • Lillian “Lilly” Scott
    • Michelle Delamor
    • Paige Miles
    • Siobhan Magnus
    • Vered Didi Benami

FORT Fogey

so the kid who was in foster care all those years made it..Chris. I'm not recognizing a lot of these so I am guessing they were the people that AI didn't show. Ashley was the very well dressed girl from Boston and one of the other girls was the blonde with the super curley hair whose father had recently left the family....but I forgot her name

+ Reply to Thread