+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: AI9 Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: AI9 Spoilers

Interesting yet again that SOME people will be geting a special show and tell and others not. Is this to make up for not being able to showcase the favorites during the auditions because of the lateness in selecting the top 24. It seems like AI just can not stop being unfair.

FORT Fogey

I think this extra twist is for no reason. It is kind of obvious who the judges really like all ready. What is the point? I know that John Park and Haeley Vaughn will not be early selects. I think they had to do sing-offs. I think Chris did a sing-off as well so he won't be selected early either.

Folks, it's not pimping contestants. It's about 19E and Fox trying to provide a reason for folks to watch this week and next instead of the Olympics. That's all.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;3830184;
    Folks, it's not pimping contestants. It's about 19E and Fox trying to provide a reason for folks to watch this week and next instead of the Olympics. That's all.
    and you got that information from whom???

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3830199;
    and you got that information from whom???
    it's just common sense. the winter olympics are an international event that airs for two weeks once every four years. people are willing to jump ship from idol for those two weeks, because idol will still be on after that. the winter olympics won't be back until 2014. so, idol is smart to throw in a couple extra hooks to try to maintain their ratings through the next two weeks.
    _(Moo!)

FORT Fogey

My issue isn't that they are doing something special to reclaim Olympic ( as you apparently think), but what they are doing....typical attempt to claim support for the favorites

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3830366;
    My issue isn't that they are doing something special to reclaim Olympic ( as you apparently think), but what they are doing....typical attempt to claim support for the favorites
    I don't follow the logic behind that statement.

FORT Fogey

I don't know where I went wrong, but I beg forgiveness for even intimating that there may be more than meets the eye when the AI team does somethng different. I mean they have NEVER in the history of the show pimped their favorites so I was so wrong in even suggesting that such a tihing is possible. There is a two hour show tonight and an hour show tomorrow. I am guessing that every one of the people still in Hollywood will be given an equal chance of showing their talent....as has happened all season so when the top twnety four are announced, we will know them all equally well.

FORT Fogey

I think there are lots of reasons for revealing some of the contestants tonight. I think the producers are definitely taking advantage of the situation to pimp their favorites. They always do. I guess I should withhold my opinion until I know which contestants are revealed and the manner in which it is done. I'm just sure it will not be Chris, Haeley, or John.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3830584;
    I don't know where I went wrong, but I beg forgiveness for even intimating that there may be more than meets the eye when the AI team does somethng different.
    I don't think anyone is disagreeing with your conclusion, per se. The producers desire to pimp favorites (pretty much a given at this stage of the show). And the desire to pimp and the quest to hold on to ratings during the Olympics are not mutually exclusive.

I think, ibot2much, that some don't understand how you came to your theory that revealing some of the Top 24 early increases the pimp factor so much that, even if there was no network competition to consider, the producers would do it anyway. If you can connect those dots it could help us understand your point of view.

+ Reply to Thread