+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: AI9 Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: AI9 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3824975;
    Now, what I really want to say - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me it's a mistake that Jermaine Sellers is on this list, and not Jermaine Purifoy! ... I thought Purifoy's audition was 10 times better than Sellers, and last night Purifoy was a "million-trillion" (to quote Randy) times better than Sellers.
    Of course, you are assuming that AI is carefully selecting the most talented guys for the semi-finals. I am not sure that is the case.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3825118;
    Of course, you are assuming that AI is carefully selecting the most talented guys for the semi-finals. I am not sure that is the case.

You're right. Silly me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3825110;
    K. So, she worked with someone who has worked with Kara. That qualifies as a scandal? Just exactly how far removed from Freemantle/Fox/19E are these contestants required to be? If she had been a backup singer for Pink, for whom Kara has written songs, would that be a conflict of interest?

I can see where people might be upset because her edit has been that she's a waitress with a dead best friend. But come one, none of these people are merely their AI edit. That's just the story the producers have pulled from these kid's lives and decided to portray. There is tons more going on in their lives that we know nothing about (nor should we expect to).

In my opinion, when TMZ gets video of Didi handing Kara an envelope with unmarked bills, then we'll have a scandal.
    I know that we don't know if Kara and Didi know each other. But the fact that Didi sang that song written by Kara and their mutual friend out of all the songs that exist in the world... That's enough for me. Plus someone who co-writes and produces with Kara and the other guy has given her work in the past. Kara and crew have definitely benefited from Didi singing that song.

Also, we saw Paige Miles briefly last night. We heard Michelle for .5 seconds last night. Jose has not been heard one bit. It makes me wonder if he is really in the top 24. I mean, it is like he isn't even on the show.

FORT Fogey

The Michael Lynche media merry-go-round just gets better!

Let's recap:
    1. Joe's Place and other AI sites listed Michael as a Top 24 semi-finalist.
    2. Joe's Place reported a rumor that Michael had violated the confidentiality agreement and been kicked off. But they didn't put much faith in the story - they just reported it as a rumor.
    3. St Petersburgh Times published an Idol story with a quote from Michael's dad saying that Michael was in the Top 24.
    4. The NY Post published the Michael got kicked off rumor, taking the St Petersburgh Times story as confirmation of the rumor on Joe's Place.
    5. Multiple media outlets pick up the NY Post story (MSNBC, CNN, E! Online), and from there into the pop culture cloud (The View, etc.).
    6. Joe's Place continues to discount the rumor, and keeps Michael on the Top 24 spoiler list.

Whew!

So now - MICHAEL'S DAD SPEAKS!

He tells the St Petersburgh Times that he hasn't talked to his son in five years! So, where did he get the inside info that his son was a semi-finalist?

From the AI Rumor blog sites! The whole thing was a big game of "telephone".

Once again, I am impressed with the professionalism and perspective of some of the major AI sites (Joe's Place, MJ's, Rushfield at the Daily Beast), and the utter cluelessness of the major media outlets.

FORT Fogey

maybe daddy wants to make good for his wrong? oh by the way, i haven't spoken to him in 5 yrs?
    anyway, he should not be disqualified, unless he himself went to the Media and leak the result. Anyway, we all know who made it or not.
    Perhaps AI can wait 1 week before the first live performance to do the chair show. and the top 24 goes right into boot camp after the morning tapping to be aired at 9PM

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3823675;
    I've been to a place and I am not supposed to mention that place here... They say that Didi is a plant. I agree with them. That songs she sang tonight was "Terrified" by Kat McPhee. It was written by Kara Dioguardi and Jason Reeves. Kara and Jason have even performed the song together. Jason Reeves is someone Didi has collaborated with in the past. Last year, they wrote a song called "Pretty Fool" together. Didi is also friends with Mikal Blue. I guess he set up a performance for her in the past. Mikal Blue and Jason Reeves both worked with Kara to write Colbie Caillat's second album.
    Boy, that is quite the stretch you're going for there. And Mikal Blue? Who the hell is Mikal Blue?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3825118;
    My humble belief is that the judges pick the Top 3 to 5 contestants based on the city and hollywood auditions. Then, they surround those 3 to 5 with others who could never win against them but who are just good enough to make the show a) seem real and b) entertaining.

aka, they "stack the deck".

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by superfly;3826043;
    Boy, that is quite the stretch you're going for there. And Mikal Blue? Who the hell is Mikal Blue?
    Mikal Blue is Kara's colleague. He writes with Kara and producers some of her songs. He also has given Didi some work in the industry. I think if you understood what the connections were, you wouldn't think this is a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3826894;
    Mikal Blue is Kara's colleague. He writes with Kara and producers some of her songs. He also has given Didi some work in the industry. I think if you understood what the connections were, you wouldn't think this is a stretch.
    My point is nobody knows who Mikal Blue is.

And by work, do you mean singing in some clubs or bars? Which aspiring singer hasn't done that?

FORT Fogey

Is this a spoiler if FOX announces it in a press release?

In an AMERICAN IDOL first, some of the Top 24 semifinalists will be revealed in a special two-hour event airing Tuesday, Feb. 16 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

On Tuesday evening, the remaining contestants will take the stage to perform their final solo number in front of Simon, Ellen, Kara and Randy in hopes of singing their way into the Top 24. Following these performances, the judges will deliberate, and for the first time in IDOL history, will announce some of the Top 24 semifinalists.

Tune in Wednesday, Feb. 17 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) as the judges reveal the remaining contestants who will round out the Top 24.

+ Reply to Thread