+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Paula's replacement should be...

FORT Fogey

Paula's replacement should be...

Yesterday Victoria Beckham's name was mentioned by Fox. (Ugh!) Come on, FORT! We can do better than that.

I nominate Garth Brooks. He's got massive credibility as a performer; he's a nice guy; and you have the extra entertainment value of forcing Simon to sit next to a country music star! Am I right, or am I right?

So, who would you pick?

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: Paula's replacement should be...

Victoria Beckham is a horrible choice, I pray it is not true. I don't see her having the likability or the music credibility for this role. I've never seen her smile. While I love the idea of Garth Brooks, I do think a woman is needed to balance out Randy and Simon.

Clearly, they are going for someone younger, to draw in the younger audience, but that someone needs to have been successful in the music industry with a good voice or had plenty of vocal training and knows what they are talking about. Gwen Stefani? Fergie? I know these are active, touring artists, but if Ryan can pack as much as he does into his schedule.....
    Last edited by talldede; 08-07-2009 at 12:13 PM.

Another forum has this as one of their headline articles, I think you are over there too TopCatDC. I just lurk over there but I believe I saw somebody posting your name once and using the name here lol.

Anyways.

I like many of the names they mentioned, except for Beckham. They had her on the list as well.

Since we are on a country vibe, what about Dolly? I think they should definitely go for somebody who has credibility and who can bring the nice since the other judges won't. And since they probably can't afford Dolly or Garth....how about ditching what's her face as well? Then they could add her salary to what they would give a real star to be on this show.

Just please, please, no Toni Basil. I never want to hear her saying the word "street" again. GAH!

There are half a dozen former boy banders out there who are doing nothing, bring one of them and they can all gang up on Kara till she leaves.

FORT Fogey

Bette Midler would be a hoot. And could definitely stand up to Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3646619;
    Yesterday Victoria Beckham's name was mentioned by Fox. (Ugh!) Come on, FORT! We can do better than that.

I nominate Garth Brooks. He's got massive credibility as a performer; he's a nice guy; and you have the extra entertainment value of forcing Simon to sit next to a country music star! Am I right, or am I right?

So, who would you pick?
    Don't worry about Beckham, she's only slated to do one episode.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3646758;
    Bette Midler would be a hoot. And could definitely stand up to Simon.
    What a great suggestion! How about Cindy Lauper as she's been connected to the show already and would be gentle on the contestants.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

I like the idea of Cyndi Lauper. She would bring some credibility in.
    Dolly Parton could also bring credibility. However, I think a lot of us are put off by all the plastic surgery she's had done. It's really hard to look at her these days. Sorry, but there should be a limit on plastic surgery and she's definitely exceeded it.
    The news also mentioned Queen Latifah. I like her a lot, but don't see her in this role, at all.
    I am still hoping, though, that they bring Paula back.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

If we can't have Paula back, I would love the idea of Bette. She would bring good balance.

Paula's replacement should be...a member of AA and/or NA.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 08-07-2009 at 06:31 PM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Bette's still got her show in Vegas going on tho, right? I do love her and think she would be great.

I do like the Queen Latifah suggestion.

I'm a HUGE Garth fan and as much as I would LOVE to see him on a weekly basis, I don't see him on this and we all know how much Simon hates country anyway...Garth would be better on Nashville Star or Can you Duet, IMO. I'm all for him or Trisha to be a mentor for country week tho! I've been saying that for years!

How about Cher?

Truth be told..I really wish Paula would come back!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast