+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Paula's replacement should be...

Re: Paula's replacement should be...

I too liked Paula's loopy kindness and I preferred three judges, so if Paula doesn't return, I'd rather it just stay Simon, Kara, and Randy.

If they end up deciding to replace her, I think Whitney Houston would be great! She has close ties to Clive Davis, she has new material to promote, she's certainly credible, and she's as crazy as Paula! I know she'd never do it, but it would be something.
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

I hated the 4 judge panel. Their banter and arguing took away time from the contestants. That being said, I wish it was Kara getting the boot and not Paula. Her loopiness was entertaining...a much better pill than Kara parroting Randy minus the "dawgs".

What I would like to see this year is more mentors. I think that was something that was lacking last year. In previous years they had a mentor every week. I didn't like the sporaticness of them this year. You could tell that they all did so much better having that extra input. I would also like to see previous contestants come back and be mentors, especially in the first few weeks where nerves are raw and they are trying to get their sea legs. They offer a perspective that an industry legend can't always offer.
    I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

sporaticness?

Paula can't really be replaced - nobody can match her fantastical vocabulary and no-criticism-just-praise attitude - but I'm down with guest judges if they're believable, and by that I mean people who actually know about singing first hand. I want a judge who has the guts to tell the next crop of Adam imitators, or much, much worse... Gokey or Kris imitators - you know they're coming down the pipe, rearing their ugly heads even as I'm typing this - to take a hike, preferably before they make the top 36.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

It just can’t get any better than this…

WE HEAR . . .- New York Post

WE HEAR . . .

August 17, 2009 --

THAT Jessica Simpson is being pushed to the producers of "American Idol" by her father/manager Joe Simpson as the perfect replacement for Paula Abdul .

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3664616;
    It just can’t get any better than this…

WE HEAR . . .- New York Post

WE HEAR . . .

August 17, 2009 --

THAT Jessica Simpson is being pushed to the producers of "American Idol" by her father/manager Joe Simpson as the perfect replacement for Paula Abdul .
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! Please no!!!!!!!

I would rather have Paula than Cara, but I think 4 judges is too many so I hope they don't replace her with anyone. Is that Beckham woman judging one of the audition shows? I want to know so I can skip watching it. Can't stand her!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

First Posh, then Mary J. Blige — and now Shania Twain? We’re hearing that the country superstar might take a seat next to Simon Cowell as a guest judge at upcoming American Idol auditions.

Twain may fill Paula Abdul’s vacant spot on the judging panel in Chicago on Aug. 30-31.

Blige teamed up with the Idol crew in Atlanta, while Victoria Beckham filled in for Abdul in Boston earlier this month.
    Link

I would like to see Shania as a judge. I've always liked her and would love to see her back in the charts again. Rumor has it she's coming back now that she's divorced from Mutt Lange.

During the earlier seasons when they had guest judges at the city auditions, Gene Simmons, Mark McGrath and Kenny Loggins were the best judges ever! I would be thrilled with any of them. Gene and Mark were both to the point. Kenny was gentl"er", but very accurate.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast