+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Paula's replacement should be...

Premium Member

Re: Paula's replacement should be...

Paula can't be replaced, hopefully the pinheads at AI pony up some dough for her. Simon and Paula are like rum and coke they go together.
    Last edited by paridy; 08-08-2009 at 05:29 PM.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar

I adore Cindy Lauper, but she did a guest judging episode on Australian Idol last season, and the judging part was not her strong suite. Don't get me wrong. She was also the mentor that week and was incredible at it, probably the best mentor I've seen on any of the shows. She taught each one of them multiple singing tricks and exercises that drastically improved several of the contestants, but as a judge, she was a bit awkward. She just kept asking them about how they felt about it and then telling them that she was proud of them.

If they have to add a fourth judge, I'd suggest Mark Holden. He's experienced in the music industry and at judging Idol -- he judged the first five season of Aussie Idol -- and was quite good at. And, his story would be perfect symmetry with Paula's, since he was foolishly kicked off of his own Idol show that he also was with since launch. And, I think the female-centric Idol audience would find his Aussie accent and style charming. IMO, it would be an excellent fit for both parties.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I vote - nobody. 4 judges is one too many.

I agree Buckeye Addict. I wish this had happened before they re-signed Kara. I would prefer that they boot Kara, let Paula go, and replace her with a has-been pop star, so that you've got the music producer / performer / record exec formula they started with. Kara's experience is too much like Randy's.

If we have to have a Paula replacement, Cyndi Lauper is the best idea I've heard. I think she's strong enough to take on Simon, but kind and gentle enough to be the nurturer that Paula was. Only Cyndi would make sense.

FORT Fogey

Only one person an match Paula's unique blend of talent, ego, and loopiness. We can only pray that Tatiana Del Toro is available.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3654145;
    Only one person an match Paula's unique blend of talent, ego, and loopiness. We can only pray that Tatiana Del Toro is available.
    What are you smoking?

Paula's replacement should be Paula. I still can't believe she's leaving this season. They really need to bring her back, because even though everyone makes fun of her, she really is an important part of this show.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Only one person can match Paula's unique blend of talent, ego, and loopiness. We can only pray that Tatiana Del Toro is available.
    Thank you for that laugh!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Your contributions to this forum are priceless!!! Best laugh I've had all day!

They should've let go of Randy instead of Paula. He says a whole lot of nothing. At least Paula is bats*** crazy.

Keep Simon, Paula, and Kara and have a guest judge a few weeks like they used to.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 08-12-2009 at 04:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast