+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol, Top 5 Results Show: Too Little, Too Late

Good job as usual, Lobeck.

(Was that girl with the Corey sign sleep under the chair for a few weeks and not realize that he is out?)

What's up with Josh staying and Ruben in the bottom 2? Not that he is terrible, but IMO he should have been on the bottom 2 and voted out. To me he seemed out of steam in his last few performances. That just goes to show us not to take anything for granted and VOTE! Even Simon showed shock.

You're funny in your recap. About how long does it take you to put it together so accurately?:cool: GOOD JOB!

And that's showbiz...kid skedaddle's Avatar
    Did anyone besides me notice on Tuesday night's show, when Ryan went backstage before Clay's performance: Josh looked really pissed off and pouty (you know, the part where Kim did Clay's intro before his last song). I'm sure it was pure frustration for 2 lackluster performances, but I feel like this guy is completely stressed out at this point in the competition. When he had his head in his hands last night, I felt sorry for him!

Originally posted by grantaire02
    If anything, the sure-thing (I think...) is that Josh will go next week--
    The sure thing should have been that Josh went this week...

I was totally shocked by the bottom 2. I had expected Trenyce to be in the bottom 2 but Ruben was totally unexpected. When it came down to either Josh or Ruben being in the bottom, i automatically asummed that Ruben was safe. Still in shock.

Josh will probably leave next week, unless he has a really wonderful performance or one of the others has a disastrous night.

Now, i have no idea who will be in the bottom 2 next week. Josh and ???.

BTW, great review lobeck. The I LOVE COREY sign was really puzzling.

What a shocker!

I don't know what was worse - Trenyce being booted, Ruben in the bottom two or Josh with his head in his hands. Unreal!

lobeck-- lol. i guess there is no such thing as a "sure-thing" anymore...

Re: American Idol, Top 5 Results Show: Too Little, Too Late

Originally posted by lobeck
    and look…awww, Paula and Randy are dancing. The camera cuts to Ruben for a second, and then we go back to the judges where…awww, look…Ruben and Simon are dancing? Yep, it's true.
    Hey Lobeck, great recap yet again!! Of course all that watched the show know this and you were probably too shocked to notice you typed it, but that was Randy and Simon dancing. Ruben was a bit busy singing brilliantly at the moment. What a bloody shocker of a show, eh?

Perhaps Simon put it the best..."At the end of the day, we've given the public the right to vote, and you've got to respect that...It's the music business, it's subjective." That's why there are so many different tastes in music, and no one can argue that that's a bad thing. Sometimes the unexpected happens though; I would have been the first to predict Josh would go last night.

Re: Re: American Idol, Top 5 Results Show: Too Little, Too Late

Originally posted by Mantenna
    Perhaps Simon put it the best..."At the end of the day, we've given the public the right to vote, and you've got to respect that...It's the music business, it's subjective
    My husband at that point went off on a political tirade about the problems with democracy and individuals voting:rolleyes: .

Anyway, I was totally floored by the whole thing. Josh looked like he'd trade places with Ruben in a heartbeat, and Trenyce looked happy to let Ruben keep competing. I didn't see tears.

And what was with the group hug/sing not happening until almost all of the credits had run?

I thought the flower was a daffodil and I thought that Paula might have a heart attack if the thing didn't actually get into Ruben's hands.

Any thoughts on how the judges interact with the contestants off camera?
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Re: Re: American Idol, Top 5 Results Show: Too Little, Too Late

Originally posted by Mantenna
    Hey Lobeck, great recap yet again!! Of course all that watched the show know this and you were probably too shocked to notice you typed it, but that was Randy and Simon dancing. Ruben was a bit busy singing brilliantly at the moment. What a bloody shocker of a show, eh?

Thanks for pointing that out, Mantenna! I've made the change...

And that's showbiz...kid skedaddle's Avatar
    Yes, but does someone who sings off key on a consistent basis deserve to advance when 2 others (that we know of, perhaps more than Trenyce and Ruben: ) sing on key consistently?!?!

+ Reply to Thread