+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol, Top 5 Results Show: Too Little, Too Late

Originally posted by lobeck
    Terena:

Last year, Kelly was never in the bottom 3 (or bottom 2), and she ended up winning. Justin was in the bottom 3 just once, and he finished second. Hmmm...Clay has never been in the bottom group, and Ruben has now been in it once. Could this be foreshadowing?

Interesting... Thanks Lobeck!!
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!

Re: American Idol, Top 5 Results Show: Too Little, Too Late

Originally posted by lobeck
    Justin comes out on stage, and he looks exactly the same as he did last season. Of course, there is really not much you can do when you have a big loofah sponge for hair,
    That was funny.

Great recap as always, Lo. Wow. All I can say is I am still in shock. What a show.
    ~*~ Maji *~

Re: American Idol, Top 5 Results Show: Too Little, Too Late

Originally posted by lobeck Trenyce, as the saying goes, "you've come a long way, baby". You made it into the finals as Paula's wildcard choice, and you finished in the Top 5. You ended your time on the show with two outstanding performances this week; I just think that it may have been a case of "too little, too late". You have a great personality and lots of style, and I think you will go far in the business. Congratulations.
    well done again Lobeck. I think (hope) Trenyce does well despite getting the boot.

It should have been Josh.

I was shocked too.

I wanted to add (surprised you didn't mention it) may be in another post - I haven't read them yet

Ryan said at the beginning of the show the "kids" were stuck in the elevator just 3 minutes to showtime. That could have had something to do with that "rushed" beginning?

Would have been interesting if they stayed stuck for awhile.

Thanks for the recap.

p.s I HATED Ryan's shirt. I like his haircut. And he should stick to contacts.

If Josh doesn't go next week.....I'm not watching this show anymore!
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

Originally posted by skedaddle
    The final four should have been Clay, Ruben, Kim and Trenyce!
    ~ Christina Aguilera

Originally posted by Terena79
    They're all damn lucky. I'm not living in a mansion making $1500 a week to go on stage and sing a couple songs. (Yes, I know i'm over simplifying.) No one "deserves" this. Bunch of lucky folks.
    I think they've all worked pretty hard to get where they are. I do not envy them one bit either. I think they're getting into one of the toughest businesses there is to be in.

Although I wish I were blessed with a good singing voice.

I think they deserve a ton of credit. They couldn't pay me enough to deal with what they must deal with week to week.

JMO
    ~ Christina Aguilera

In Detroit, local Fox news polls has been correct in it's bottom 2 and 3 predictions EVERY SINGLE week-- they had Trenyce and yes, Ruben in the bottom two... weird, huh?

Detroit must be a pretty good sample of the viewing population or something.

Frankly, Ruben was not at his best Tuesday-- but obviously he should not have been bottom two-- but you know what, it helps him...nearly guarantees him a place in the top 2...the wacky results really hurt Kim L's chances the most, and Clay's a litte bit-- if any of his fans "defect" to help Ruben. If anything, the sure-thing (I think...) is that Josh will go next week-- poor guy has to suffer the nasty reviews and judge commentary for another week; too bad because when relaxed last night in the group performance, he sounded really good. Let's see: Ruben's fans will be dialing in a frenzy next week, so he'll be safe-- the bottom two will probably be Kim L and Josh. Kim L. is still a favorite and barring a horrific Clay performance, he'll be safe. Josh is the next logical person to leave. He is overstaying his welcome and he damn well knows it...I just feel bad because he's damned if he does, or if he doesn't. He isn't up to the others' level but he doesn't deserve to be dogged-- the more nasty people are to him, the more his fans are going to fight back. Poor, poor Josh. Lucky Josh-- but poor Josh, too. And his fans don't deserve to be attacked either-- he's their favorite, simply put. They voted for him. Ruben's fans let Ruben down. Not all of them, as many of you and others voted their tales off for him... but not enough. But Ruben fans-- I woudn't worry...use the speed-dial button.

I also think this will improve Ruben's performance next week-- the judges aren't willing to critique him, so the fan's did...he'll probably rock it up next week.

As a loyal Clay fan, I hope he continues to wow us-- and the viewing public. I hope we end up with an awesome Ruben/Clay final...

Be good all.

Look What Love Has Done ClaysAngel's Avatar
    Originally posted by StevieM
    I think they've all worked pretty hard to get where they are. I do not envy them one bit either. I think they're getting into one of the toughest businesses there is to be in.

Although I wish I were blessed with a good singing voice.

I think they deserve a ton of credit. They couldn't pay me enough to deal with what they must deal with week to week.

JMO
    I couldn't agree more. Although I have only performed as a "second" career, it is a VERY hard business. People expect so much from entertainers. The entire world of music can be quite disillusioning as some of these kids are finding out. Let me give you some examples:

I am one of the millions guilty of "Clay-love". I'm sure that at the moment, Clay is eating up the attention he never got before this show. But at some point, he may begin to wonder why people couldn't just like him for him before all this started. It can cause all sorts of insecurities.

Josh, poor Josh. He isn't the greatest singer in the bunch, but he has had some good performances. The fact that the fans are keeping him in when he should go could hurt him ever having a career in music down the road. So many people are getting bitter with him and that's not fair. Also, it can't be easy being away from his family and having so many people thinking he got a "free-pass" out of the war.

Trenyce had her dirty laundry dragged out into the media (even though it was ages ago and taken care of properly).

Ruben is being subject to bitter comments from fans of others. The media has built him up so big that the pressure must be more than most can handle.

Kim L. seems to be able to take care of herself. She won't let negative criticism or comments about her weight get her down. Of course, now there's only guys left in the competition with her, that can't be easy.

I envy all of them for the opportunity they've been given. I don't envy any of them for the stress, disappointments, lack of privacy, and sometimes humiliation (usually by Simon) that they must endure during this competition. They are all winners in my book.

Poor LaShundra. She was very poised and classy as she thanked everyone. I'm sure she'll get a record deal in the future

Rob
    FORT Regular
    It would seem to me that all of the contestants thus far have been graceful in their defeat, which really makes me feel for them.

I wonder if i would feel the same if it's Josh next week?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Lobeck, thanks for yet another great recap. I didn't get to watch the whole show but did see the results. My mouth hit the floor when Ryan said Ruben you are in the bottom 2. I agree with you Lobeck....Josh is damn lucky.

Trenyce handled herself with class when she was told she was the bottom this week. I'm sure she'll get some kind of record deal out of this. She did go out on a high note.

+ Reply to Thread