+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol, Top 5 Results Show: Too Little, Too Late

Look What Love Has Done ClaysAngel's Avatar
    Hee hee, I thought the flower-throwing thing was a bit over the top myself. Too dramatic, even for Paula. I thought it was cute when everybody danced to "breakin up is hard to do".

Great recap!

All of a sudden it's back to being a singing competition? Simon, have you forgotten that you're the one who chose Carmen as your wildcard? If you ask me, last night made sense. The last of the judge chosen wild cards was booted off. America never really wanted them in the first place.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

fab recap lobeck!

Tonight was just amazing, and unfortunatly proves what I keep telling people..you CANNOT split votes and vote for anyone but your top one or two(preferably your top one).

I was absolutly shocked to see Ruben called up there,and what the heck, I can admit I was bawling like a baby

Trenyce, I am sorry to see her go, I will miss her performances VERY much,but OH the sigh of relief when it was her instead of Ruben!!!!!
    Next week I really feel its kim who will have to watch her back...Clay and Ruben fans will hopefully have learned from this and will be voting like maniacs,,,so will josh fans, so most people's number 2 or 3 (kim) is in trouble!

PLEASE people , dont let josh stay again next week! PLLLLLLEASE lol

*I thought the group songs were fabulous,seeing and hearing Rickey was AMAZING, Justin was just like last year, half good and half bad ...some notes he hit the WRONG way,others he nailed. the song itself sucked big time(or at least the words did--the melody was pretty good)
    I think overall with Justin, he has the star,teen idol look ,style and stage presence,which tends to make up for alot of those bad notes in many people's (mainly teen girls) minds this is why he made it to number two last year!
    And i still like him
    "I like talking to a brick wall, it's the only thing in the world that never contradicts me. "

It is kind of funny how they said it was a singing competition when so many times the judges have made comments about clothing, weight, dancing, facial expressions, etc.

Who shot who in the what now?

Thanks for another great recap, lobeck!

Josh is damned lucky.

Paula and the rose? :rolleyes:

P

poor...everybody

poor Josh. seeing him with his head in his hands was painful. i totally think he deserved to go (and I'm sure he was expecting it) so for me it was cruel to have him sitting there with Ruben in the bottom two knowing how everyone felt it should be him. i guess that happened with carmen a few times, but the ones who went before she did were, imo, less the front-runners. but ruben?

poor Ruben. he probably only ended up there b/c people were so busy voting for their more vulnerable favorites that they didn't worry about him. i think/hope it will help focus more attention on
    him in the next weeks.

poor Trenyce. she so so so so so deserved to beat josh, to be in the final four and to even have the chance, despite simon's huge prejudice against her, to outshine kim l. and possibily the others in the end (though doubtful there.) she is a great singer and performer, imho. i'm glad she went out on a high note, but it so so so shouldn't have been only after josh was gone.

all in all, i HATED last night's show (b/c of all that.)

the bacharat number was nice though. nice individual solos. and in the 60s number, i really liked, sigh, trencye's solo best. ruben was excellent too for that matter. oh well.

Originally posted by hazyshadeof
    No more split voting for me. Uh uh. Ain't gonna do it.
    I'm with you on this one. Clay fans Unite!!! If he avoids being in the bottom two, will he be the first person ever to accompish such a fete? I didn't watch all of last season, so I don't know if Kelly was ever in danger of being booted. Anyone remember?

Fade to black
    Kelly was never bottom two.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Originally posted by Terena79
    I'm with you on this one. Clay fans Unite!!! If he avoids being in the bottom two, will he be the first person ever to accompish such a fete? I didn't watch all of last season, so I don't know if Kelly was ever in danger of being booted. Anyone remember?
    Terena:

Last year, Kelly was never in the bottom 3 (or bottom 2), and she ended up winning. Justin was in the bottom 3 just once, and he finished second. Hmmm...Clay has never been in the bottom group, and Ruben has now been in it once. Could this be foreshadowing?

Originally posted by QueenP
    Thanks for another great recap, lobeck!

Josh is damned lucky.

P
    They're all damn lucky. I'm not living in a mansion making $1500 a week to go on stage and sing a couple songs. (Yes, I know i'm over simplifying.) No one "deserves" this. Bunch of lucky folks.

+ Reply to Thread