+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FOX and American Idol Honor The King Of Pop

Re: FOX and American Idol Honor The King Of Pop

I'd forgotten how awesome Alexis was this week.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

It was nice watching it again with you ladies! Thanks!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Adam was so above and beyond the rest of them it's not even funny. Watching it all back makes this crystal clear. A huge gap is separating them but Alexis was the second best, Allison third. The rest are not even worth mentioning.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3533672;
    Adam was so above and beyond the rest of them it's not even funny. Watching it all back makes this crystal clear. A huge gap is separating them but Alexis was the second best, Allison third. The rest are not even worth mentioning.
    I totally agree. All of the people whose names start with A were great. Oh, except for Anoop...

Anoop did some songs later in the competition that I really enjoyed, but "Beat It" was the absolute bottom of the barrel.

It sure was fun being back on here commenting about American Idol, even if it was a rerun. I have missed it in the month since it's been over.

FORT Fogey

Well. I'm vacationing on Mountain Time - I feel so out of it being two hours behind! But it's interesting seeing this after we know how the rest of the season went down. This episode was kind of a high water mark for Alexis, Danny, and Lil. The difference being that Alexis didn't get much of a chance after this; Lil went straight downhill; and Danny flatlined for most of the rest of the season.

Adam started so strong right out of the gate and never once let up. Kris was just OK - as a matter of fact he was worse than I remember. His performance energy was good, but the vocals were just a mess. Lucky for him he was cute (the matching aprons!) and there were worse people to go; but I don't think he could have survived another mediocre showing like that. Fortunately he turned things around with the Bob Dylan song during country week.

Allison was very good; a little raw on the vocal, and that unfortunate remark about "not cutting myself". (This time I noticed Paula miming for her to "zip it" after that.) Matt was typical Matt - a strong heartfelt opening that later dissolved into a series of unfortunate falsetto riffs.

But the worst part of the night was... the judges! Already Kris has to stand there while Paula and Simon play footsie and argue. Paula was largely and distractingly out of it. Randy had nothing much to say. So, in a week where Kara looks like the best judge - well, that's not a good start to the season.

Still, fun to see. Wouldn't it be great for Fox to run an all day Fourth of July AI marathon and do the whole season in a day?!

I've been flipping between this and the Closer and so I keep missing the ones I really want to see. Unfortunately, I did get to see Anoop. One of his worst weeks. Kris didn't sound bad, but considering this was MJ week, it's really hard for me to put Kris in the same sentence with MJ. Kris is a pleasant, likable guy, but he is one of the most boring performers I've ever seen set foot on a stage. Danny had a pretty good energy thing going with PYT. It was definitely one of his better weeks, for me at least. I thought Megan was embarassing as usual. I still have no idea how she got on this show and talk about someone who can't even dance on a stage. Absolutely no rhythm and a terrible voice; but an absolutely stunning face. And that's how she got on this show. Seeing Adam again was such fun. Simon said to do MJ right, you have to be over the top. MJ would have been proud.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I even taped part of the The Big Bang to watch Adam do Black and White, since I didn't watch AI for the most part and only got on the Adam train by accident. Whoo hoo!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234