+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FOX and American Idol Honor The King Of Pop

Re: FOX and American Idol Honor The King Of Pop

Kris and Adam both helped Allison out for this episode. I enjoyed Kris's performance. He was a lot more animated than I remember him being.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Poor Kris, he's like a dose of Ambien. And that useless guitar he keeps strumming and not even playing chords... Eek.

They judges' comments are priceless in hindsight for how tepid they were.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

WTG Randy! Allison was one of the ones to watch in this season.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I wasn't really into Allison back then but looking back she did a good job with this song; one of my favorite MJ numbers too.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

At that point in the competition, Kris was still not impressing me. I didn't dislike him, but he was a little underwhelming. I NEVER would have picked him to win after Michael Jackson week. However, I remember Allison impressing the heck out of me that week, and I was on her bandwagon from that point on.

I'm sorry, I just cannot watch preppy Anoop do "Beat It" again! Anoop doing "Beat It" is about as authentic as me getting up there and doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady;3533510;
    At that point in the competition, Kris was still not impressing me. I didn't dislike him, but he was a little underwhelming. I NEVER would have picked him to win after Michael Jackson week. However, I remember Allison impressing the heck out of me that week, and I was on her bandwagon from that point on.

I'm sorry, I just cannot watch preppy Anoop do "Beat It" again! Anoop doing "Beat It" is about as authentic as me getting up there and doing it!
    I think I even kept misspelling Kris' name in my recaps back then. He was at total non-entity back then.

Tonight's show is the week Adam sang "Black or White"! Yay! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!

But if I'm honest, I'll have to admit that I was not yet totally into Adam when that show first aired. Ironically (because so many people hated it), the week Adam sang "Ring of Fire" is when I decided he was the guy for me! I thought "Ring of Fire" was cooler than cool.

Now for the bad news -- we have to suffer through Megan's "Rockin' Robin". I think I'll go put in a load of laundry now. Dirty socks beat that performance any day!
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 06-29-2009 at 09:25 PM.

I was totally on the Megan train at this point in the season, but boy am I dreading sitting thru Rockin Robin again. LOL

The one thing that caught my attention with Kris was when he was talking to the camera about not being shown in the runup to the show and being worried about having a fan base.

I resisted having a favorite for the longest time but I knew if anyone would tempt me to ever vote it was going to be Adam. But by the Top 10 when he sang "Play that funky music" I was completely converted.

Hmmm, did the ghost of Michalel shut down the board? Some of these performances were a bit painful...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast