+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol, Top 5: The 60's and Sedaka

Originally posted by OldSchoolBabe
    First off, another fab review Lobeck!

I agree with ilean4clay - Ruben is vulnerable this week.

For the first time, I had no trouble getting through on his voting line. Sensing he may end up in the bottom two this week, I not only doubled my usual number of votes for him, but threw in an extra 25 on behalf of Fluff, as I know s/he can't vote and loves Ruuuben as much as I do.

I am praying Josh's fan base has lowered and last night's childish display by him will win him a trip home, even if Ruben does end up in the bottom two with him.
    Hey oldschollbabe, I love Ruben and can't vote either, so if no shocker happens tonight and he's still there next week, you can put in a few votes for me, my husband and my 16 month old daughter!lol (while you're at it, I'm 7 moths pregnant, so a call for the baby would be good too!)

Great recap Lobes- I enjoyed the show yesterday. My order for the 1st set is: Clay, Trenyce, Ruben, Kim then Josh and for the 2nd set: Ruben, Clay, Kim, Trenyce and Josh

I think Josh should get the boot tonight, no matter who ends up in the bottom 2!

I know alot of people are peeved that the judges don't point out Ruben's errors, but I hope it's not making anyone turn more against him cuz it's not his fault what the judges say. I do think constructive critism would help him out like it has Clay.

I would hope people wouldn't turn against Ruben either because of the judges comments or his fans or anything other than Ruben's own actions.
    Who shot who in the what now?

I would hate to think fan support or judges comments could turn anyone away from supporting a contestant.
    I don't doubt it happens though.
    I know of many people who have liked a certain band or performer "until everyone else started liking them".
    I think that's so unfair to the performer.

Thanks for the extra votes Old School Babe
    "That's Numberwang!"

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Originally posted by Mantenna
    I agree Drkim, Trenyce's "Come on, ya'll" really annoys me too. It detracts so much from the song! Oddly enough, her microphone-tapping doesn't bother me, though.
    I also find that type of thing a bit desperate sounding. Josh amd Kim C. did it a few of times earlier in the competition, and I thought the same thing. The worst, though, was last year when Kelly screamed out "If you're not standing up, you're a party pooper!" I'm still shaking my head at that one.

hh1
    FORT Newbie
    Great job Lo--

Clay was by far and away the best I have EVER seen him. He totally blew me away with both of his songs. Especially the second on, which I think says something. See, I had never heard that song before (and growing up we listened to the oldies station all the time - my husband even makes fun of me because we can turn on any radio station that plays 50s, 60s, & 70s, and I pretty much know the words to any song that comes on --I know it is SAD). And in not knowing what a song is "supposed" to sound like, it makes me a more harsh critic. Clay was just WONDERFUL!!!

Treneyce - Ok for me - really just nothing overwhelming!

Kim L - Still dont really see much there. Her voice always sounds like it is about to go out on her.

Ruben - Toooooo much hype! I have said it all along that when we got closer to the end, it would show that he is only talented in ONE area of singing and is not very versitile.

Josh - He is done.

My 2 cents : )

hh1
    FORT Newbie
    Oh - and BTW --

If you want to think about things not being fair (i.e., Clay's stage lighting during his last song), we need to remember that one week the show was running so late that Clay did not get to hear any comments from any judges - EXCEPT SIMON (and it was a BAD comment).

Point is this - Alls fair in love and war

Jumpin' on the Clay Train Bdawg's Avatar
    Originally posted by evalaruefan

I know alot of people are peeved that the judges don't point out Ruben's errors, but I hope it's not making anyone turn more against him cuz it's not his fault what the judges say. I do think constructive critism would help him out like it has Clay.
    Exactly, Eva. The other performers have grown and gotten better because of the criticism, but Ruben has not improved any. He's still a wonderful singer, but I think the judges have done him a disservice with all the accolades.

time to burn the building lucky's Avatar
    Clay and Ruben brought it home. Kim was also a superstar, but her first performance was not nearly as good as the second.

Trenyce's first performance was not so much the female impersonation that Simon accused her of, but a Tina impersonation. It was cheese. Her second performance was great. I really think Trenyce does better when she has to come up with her own idea of how the song should be sung instead of falling back on duplicating another female vocalist's performance (eg Tina, Whitney, Celine, etc.)

Josh. Well, time to pack up Josh. You've had some high points during the season (I'll Be in Week 4 of the semifinals was really something to remember) but it has been downhill lately. Last night Josh seemed unhappy and discouraged. His back-talking will hurt him.

In the ideal world, this is how last night's overall results shake out:

1. Clay
    2. Ruben
    3. Kim
    4. Trenyce
    5. Josh

PS: Thanks Lobeck, for another great recap.

FORT Newbie
    IMHO, last night's show rocked! Neil Sedaka isn't just a legend, but a sweet guy! The tone of the show put me in such a great mood, and everyone (well, except maybe Joshua) was ON!

What was up with Joshua's 'tude? The comment about being under Marine restraints really set me against him. He totally lost face with that one.

But everyone else was so great last night, and I was so proud of Trenyce. I've always liked her and last night she really came into her own.

I can't help thinking that after Joshua goes, I'm going to have a really, really hard time watching the others get voted off. So much talent!!!

+ Reply to Thread