+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you watch an American Idol All Stars??

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: Would you watch an American Idol All Stars??

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;3463734;
    Lets say we did live in a fictional world where this could happen. Here's who I would choose for the top 12...

Kelly Clarkson
    Carrie Underwood
    David Cook
    Chris Daughtry
    Kris Allen
    David Archuleta
    Melinda Doolittle
    Carly Smithson
    Blake Lewis
    Jennifer Hudson
    Bo Bice
    Elliot Yamin

7 guys and 5 girls. Imagine their group songs, ahhhh they'd be amazing.
    I can't even imagine an all-time top 12 without Adam Lambert. And I can't imagine an all-time top 12 with Blake Lewis. Just no.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

I don't like this idea at all but if it were to be done it would only be fair to include contestants that only made it to F6. I don't think it would be fair to include people who made it to the latter half of the season. I would love to see Jorge get a second chance along with Alexis. I also think they should include the ones that made it to Hollywood but not to the 36. I think that Jamar should get a second chance. Although I did like the Osmond kid I was glad he didn't make it on the show for the same reason I don't think that Adam should have made it and that is for the fact that he has the opportunity and connections to make it because of his family (in Adam's case because he was already successful on Broadway and should not have had any trouble getting a record deal).

ETA: After I reread this I realized it might be a bit confusing. What I meant was that they should only pick from the people that made it to Hollywood through F6. If they made it past F6 and on into F5, F4, F3, F2 or winners then they should not be eligible. But anyone who was F6, F7, F8, F9, F10, F11, F12 or didn't make it in the Top 12 at all but made it as far as Hollywood should be eligible. Does that make more sense?
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

I think it's a great idea, but they could never assemble a Top 12 that would cover viewers' diverse tastes. Inevitably, people would just get pissed off.

The contestants I have enjoyed the most throughout the years have been:

S1 - Kelly, Justin (2qty)
    S2 - Reuben, Kimberly, Clay, Kimberly (4qty)
    S3 - Fantasia, Diana, George (3qty)
    S4 - Carrie, Bo, Anwar (3qty)
    S5 - Ace, Chris D, Elliott, Katharine, Kellie, Paris, Taylor (7qty)
    S6 - Lakisha, Melinda, Brandon, Blake (4qty)
    S7 - Carly, Chikezie (2qty)
    S8 - Matt, Allison, Danny, Kris, Adam (5qty)

Adding this all up, I was surprised about S5. The talent on that season was extremely diverse - and good (or, at least entertaining).

All time favorites: Fantasia (girl) and Adam (boy)

My heart, however, belongs to Fantasia (girl) and Matt G. (boy)

I wouldn't be interested. We've already seen what they all can do vocally. And like some have pointed out, the one's I'd want to hear are already successful and most likely wouldn't do the show.

I might watch it if there was nothing else on. The same way I might watch a "Three's Company" or "Friends" rerun.

It sounds like something the TV stations run during the summer to fill the months until the fall TV season starts again.

I guess the reality of the entertainment industry is harsh: if your job is not to be productive but is simply to entertain, then you'd better EXCEL at it or you are disposable.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady;3464745;
    When I first saw this thread, I thought the proposal was that they would rerun videos of the most memorable performances on all the seasons of Idol, maybe with fresh commentary. Not a live show, but a show like American Idol Rewind, only with a mixture of seasons represented. Like a greatest hits show, or "Greatest Idol moments".

That would be a lot more doable than bringing all those people back live, and it would be cheap to produce.

I, for one, would watch something like that.
    Ugh no! I'd want to see them as they are now. Sing their current songs. A charity concert would be better than a competition if you ask me. The successful ones would do it for charity but I doubt they would bother if it was AI all over again.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I would watch it but I really don't see any of the "successful" ones coming back to compete on AI...they've moved on from AI and there's really no reason for them to compete.

I would like to see some others come back: Carly Smithson, Tamyra Gray, Nadia Turner, Anthony Federov, Kimberely Locke, George Huff, David Hernandez, Michael Johns, Chris Richardson, Brandon Rogers. They could come back to compete for a charity and not for a title.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;3463734;
    Lets say we did live in a fictional world where this could happen. Here's who I would choose for the top 12:

Kelly Clarkson
    Carrie Underwood
    David Cook
    Chris Daughtry
    Kris Allen
    David Archuleta
    Melinda Doolittle
    Carly Smithson
    Blake Lewis
    Jennifer Hudson
    Bo Bice
    Elliot Yamin

7 guys and 5 girls. Imagine their group songs, ahhhh they'd be amazing.
    I think the best group singing in all the 8 seasons was in Season 2. And if I could choose the top 12 for an "all-stars" American Idol, I'd pick:

Adam Lambert
    Allison Iraheta
    David Cook
    Clay Aiken
    Bo Bice
    Chris Daughtry
    Carrie Underwood
    Jennifer Hudson
    Kelly Clarkson
    Melinda Doolittle
    Kim Locke
    Nadia Turner

That's six boys and six girls. And I chose partly based on commercial success (Daughtry, Underwood) and partly on my appraisal of talent (Allison, Nadia). But if it had to be those who made the top 3 in their season or went on to commercial success, I'd leave out Nadia and Allison and put in either two of these: Fantasia, Elliot, Kris Allen or Ruben.

I don't think anyone on my list would want to participate except maybe Allison, Nadia, Melinda, Bo, and Kim.
    Daughtry, Aiken, Clarkson, Underwood, Cook, and Hudson have all had great commercial success (earned many millions) and I expect Lambert will too.

Actually I would rather see a sort of 'Wild Card All-Stars' consisting entirely of contestants who got the boot too early and/or didn't get picked up and promoted by the AI-connected record labels, such as:

Alexis Grace
    Chris Sligh
    Tamyra Gray
    Nadia Turner
    LaKeisha (sp?)
    Michael Johns
    Constantine Maroulis
    Rickey Smith
    Allison Iraheta

In the early seasons the Idol folks didn't seem to want anyone but the winners and runners-up to get record contracts and in season 1 they even tried to hold back the success of the "also-rans" like Justin and Tamyra by making them wait months after the winner's album was released before they could release one. I think they planned the same for Season 2. Kim Locke and Josh Gracin would probably both have been signed with an AI-connected label if they'd been in the top 4 in Season 5 or beyond.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123