+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Summer Tour

Re: Summer Tour

We want a full account, TopCatDC! Oh, and pics.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Chris and Adam took a break from the tour to join David Cooke onstage at the GMA Summer Concert Series. Chris has got to find a new song; Adam did find a new song that highlights his upper range, and David is still singing, "Come Back to Me." Online at Good Morning America Concert Series there is a video of all three singing together on stage. A huge crowd in the park screamed their enthusiasm. Fun Stuff.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I saw that acoustic version of "Starlight" Adam did on GMA and it was fantastic. He changed it and sang it more uptempto; really cool. All three did a pretty good version of "Little Lies" together, which I also liked.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Here are my pics from seeing the Idols in Memphis on July 26th!

We stayed at the Westin which is directly across the street from the FedEx Forum arena...I highly recommend this hotel too! Found out that the Idols had stayed there the night before but had checked out that morning! DAMN!

This was our view outside our hotel room:

When we first checked in at the hotel around lunch, there was already a crowd outside the arena listening to soundcheck. Me, my mom and my son walked around for awhile and then headed back to the hotel when they called us and said the room was ready. About the time we got to the doors, we hear these screams coming from the arena. I couldn't go since I was the one who had to check us in but my son went running over and said that Danny, Michael and Matt were outside signing autographs and taking pictures!

Before we checked in at the hotel (and before Danny, Michael and Matt came out), we were walking down Beale Street checking out the sites. For anyone who hasn't been to Beale Street, its alot like Bourbon Street in New Orleans..the street is blocked off and there are little shops, music stores, bars and restaurants on each side. While we were going in and out of the shops, there were 4 guys who were videotaping each other turning cartwheels, backflips and somersaults down the middle of the street. We stood there and watched them and commented about how good they were and that hopefully they didn't bust their butts! They even sat 2 tables over from us at Hard Rock Cafe!

As we walked back towards the hotel, we were walking thru the crowd at the arena and those same 4 guys were there but they had "A.I. All access" badges on and one of the guys was talking to this girl who had made a huge scrapbook for Adam. He was telling her he would try to get the scrapbook to Adam. I asked one of the other guys who he was and he said he was Kris's brother!!! Come to find out (from other message boards) those guys were all college buddies...

Here's a picture I found online from the Memphis show of Adam with the 3 buddies (but not Kris's brother):

They were all cutie patooties but the story started circulating on the net about how those were gay buddies of Adams and how they were half dressed and Adam had signed their chests...blah blah blah!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

It was a FANTASTIC show...we had great seats but unfortunately my camera battery was going a little wonkers so I wasn't able to take as many pics as I would have liked of alot of the Idols because I was trying to save it for Adam!

If I had to choose one that was not up to par in their set-I would have to say it would be Megan. I love her voice and she is stunningly beautiful but her stage presence wasn't as good as some of the others....she was a teeny tiny little thing tho!

I loved Matt and Scott's dueling piano playing and Scott was really a funny guy and seemed very comfortable onstage!

The crowd went absolutely NUTS for Adam..so much to the point that my mom made the comment that she felt a little sorry for Kris. My poor son has had to endure his mom at every AI concert screaming and yelling like a young teenybopper but I think this one took the cake. Honest to God, you would have thought that Elvis Presley was back in Memphis...the screams, the noise, everyone standing on their feet for his entire set. I was completely hoarse by the time the show was over with! All you gotta do is go to YouTube and check out some of the videos of Adam's set and you will see what I mean...that boy can move...he had no problem slithering and moving his body in all sorts of suggestive ways and I for one was thrilled to death!!! Regardless if he never makes it big, he was born to be a performer/entertainer up on that stage!

When we got back to the hotel after the concert we were waiting for the elevator and when the doors opened, Kris's wife got off the elevator with family/friends! I stopped her and told her that we had really enjoyed the show and to be sure and tell Kris that he did a great job. She was super nice and didn't mind talking to us. She's a very pretty girl too! My son was amazed that I knew that was Kris's wife! I told him it was all those countless hours of watching AI and reading message boards and etc!

Ok..on to the pictures...I'll put them in several different posts.....

Michael Sarver:

Megan Joy:

Michael and Megan:

Lil and Anoop: The crowd went nuts for hometown girl Lil...she did a good performance of Beyonce's "Single Ladies" too!

Matt:

Scott & Matt:

Michael, Lil and Kris: (they are pointing at Lil to get the crowd pumped up!)

Anoop, Megan & Matt:

Michael,Danny & Allison:

Danny:

Kris:

Adam & Kris:

This one always cracks me up because of Danny's face in the background

Adam & Allison:

**Rock Stars**!

And Adam............

This was taken off the screen that was on either side of the stage:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast