+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Infamous... Disco Week (speculation and pre-air discussion)

Re: The Infamous... Disco Week (speculation and pre-air discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3415869;
    Love your Bee Gee's pick for Kris! But does that qualify for disco? It's a ballad, isn't it? (Don't look at me; as I mentioned previously I haven't a clue how to qualify these things.)
    I don't think Gokey has the lower register for Barry White. His voice kinda disappears when he goes low (like on the beginning of Jesus take the Wheel.) I'll keep thinking of something else for him. It's not going to be easy. (Can you picture Danny disco dancing?)
    Oh yeah! It's a disco ballad! ... definitely considered disco though.

You may be right about Danny...I was thinking of his growly voice thing he does.

As far as disco dancng? I think Adam would be fantastic...he's the best performer there. Everyone else would not be fun to watch dancing!
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3415856;
    Here are my disco week picks:

Adam: Ring My Bell – Anita Ward
    Allison: Knock on Wood- Amii Stewart
    Anoup: Hot Stuff- Donna Summer
    Danny: You’re My First, My Last, My Everything – Barry White
    Kris: How Deep Is Your Love - Bee Gees
    Lil: Don't Leave Me This Way- Thelma Houston
    Matt: Rock Your Baby – George McCrae
    Adam: Like your choice. Think it was also be hysterical to see him do "It's Raining Men," "Macho Man," or "Y.M.C.A.", but I doubt that'll happen. Hey, with his falsetto, what if he did a Bee Gees song...like "Stayin' Alive" (as has already been mentioned) or "Night Fever"?
    Allison: Another good call. I still think she could do a good job with "Don't Leave Me This Way", too.
    Anoop: OK, I need the brain bleach. The thought of him singing "Hot Stuff" is...well, it's just wrong. If he's gonna sing Donna Summer, I'd rather him sing "On The Radio". That has slow parts and fast parts, so he could show some versatility.
    Danny: I agree that Danny doesn't have a strong enough lower register for a Barry White song. (I actually think Allison might be able to pull it off, though...) For some reason, I envision Danny doing a KC & the Sunshine Band song, but I'm not sure which one...
    Kris: Good call. I like that one for him.
    Shrill: She'd probably do OK with "Don't Leave Me This Way", but that's almost too predictable of a choice for her. How about Cher's "Take Me Home" or "Turn the Beat Around"? (Anything to get Haley Scarnato's horrid version out of my mind...)
    Matt: Good call again. What about "Disco Lady"? If they're allowed to re-interpret their song, I could also see him taking "Dim All The Lights" and turning it into some sort of ballad...

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3415936;
    Adam: Like your choice. Think it was also be hysterical to see him do "It's Raining Men," "Macho Man," or "Y.M.C.A.", but I doubt that'll happen. Hey, with his falsetto, what if he did a Bee Gees song...like "Stayin' Alive" (as has already been mentioned) or "Night Fever"?
    Allison: Another good call. I still think she could do a good job with "Don't Leave Me This Way", too.
    Anoop: OK, I need the brain bleach. The thought of him singing "Hot Stuff" is...well, it's just wrong. If he's gonna sing Donna Summer, I'd rather him sing "On The Radio". That has slow parts and fast parts, so he could show some versatility.
    Danny: I agree that Danny doesn't have a strong enough lower register for a Barry White song. (I actually think Allison might be able to pull it off, though...) For some reason, I envision Danny doing a KC & the Sunshine Band song, but I'm not sure which one...
    Kris: Good call. I like that one for him.
    Shrill: She'd probably do OK with "Don't Leave Me This Way", but that's almost too predictable of a choice for her. How about Cher's "Take Me Home" or "Turn the Beat Around"? (Anything to get Haley Scarnato's horrid version out of my mind...)
    Matt: Good call again. What about "Disco Lady"? If they're allowed to re-interpret their song, I could also see him taking "Dim All The Lights" and turning it into some sort of ballad...

I like your picks too!

I love disco and I think it's going to be a fun night. I even have a disco playlist on my Ipod.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Any guesses on the Results Night group number? I'm envisioning "Disco Inferno"...heaven help us...

I'm looking forward to next week, too. I think Anoop, Kris and Danny may have the hardest time with disco, though.
    Disco is still some of the best music to use for a cardio workout at the gym. If you want to get your heart rate up, just put "It's Raining Men" on the IPOD while you're on the treadmill or elliptical. The Weather Girls will get you going very,very quickly.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Ugh, just looking a the titles that are being speculated on,
    makes me...

Maybe somebody does Earth, Wind & Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3415949;
    Any guesses on the Results Night group number? I'm envisioning "Disco Inferno"...heaven help us...
    heh...
    Ain't Love Grand!

I think Anoop could do Ladies Night. I think that would be pretty good.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

My guess would be Shake Your Groove Thing by Peaches and Herb.
    I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

FORT Fogey

Whatever it is, Paula is choreographing it. I guess she was waiting until Scott left.

+ Reply to Thread