+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344

Thread: 4/14 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/14 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3413601;
    I know I'm apparently alone.... but I prefer Kara hands-down over Paula's stammering nonsense.
    No way! You are not alone...I prefer Kara over Paula as well...half of the time, you can't even understand what Paula is trying to say as she speaks in circles.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3414767;
    I missed the beginning of the show last night. In reference to my quote above, was the theme of last night's show "emotional connection to song?"
    No, the theme was "Songs from (or could be from) The Wedding Singer"

So, obviously Adam was an epic FAIL. Kris lost points for singing something from this century. The others did very well!

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3414795;
    No, the theme was "Songs from (or could be from) The Wedding Singer"

So, obviously Adam was an epic FAIL. Kris lost points for singing something from this century. The others did very well!
    Oh, so that was the theme. No wonder it was such a stellar night for the show.

--
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

If the judges had picked Ricky Braddy as one of the top 12, I seriously think he would have been a front runner. He had the voice and sang great
    Unfortunately, Ricky's being arguably the best vocalist in the wild card group wasn't enough to actually get him into the top 13. Wrong sex, not cute enough, and no sappy back story. What's a talented singer to do?

Whereas a frumpy man or woman can endear himself/herself to millions with astonishing singing on Britain's Got Talent, that same person--even in the proper age range--would be shoo'd away from AI during the first audition.

Sorry for the digression.

And BTW, did someone say each singer last night got 90 seconds or so? During a 1-hour show? When there are only 7 singers? That's ridiculous.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=TopCatDC;3414795;]No, the theme was "Songs from (or could be from) The Wedding Singer"

Really? (Couldn't tell if that was a joking comment.) I thought it was "Songs from Cinema."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3414902;
    Really? (Couldn't tell if that was a joking comment.) I thought it was "Songs from Cinema."
    Yes I'm joking. You are actually correct. It just turned out to be a bunch of wedding songs.

+ Reply to Thread