+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Theme weeks

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Theme weeks

Ohhh Irish Drinking Songs.. can the Dropkick Murphys be the guest that week?! That I would so watch.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3384157;
    Ohhh Irish Drinking Songs.. can the Dropkick Murphys be the guest that week?! That I would so watch.
    Paula would definitely be on her element...

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3384145;
    Some one has to be pulling your leg with that Hip Hop week info. That may be the worst thing since they let Fantasia sing Queen on Big Band Night.
    LOL yeah, it's a rumor floating around at some other place but it would be too funny if it was real. I'd love to see it. Could you imagine? I'd keep the recording forever to go back to over and over to laugh about.

FireWoman: HEHEHE!

Actually maybe they will do an R&B/Hip-Hop/Urban type night? I'm probably thinking this wrong but aren't the musical guests like a precursor of what the themes will be? But really, who knows with this season when they keep changing everything.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3384124;
    I think so. I can toatlly hear Allison doing Total Eclipse of the heart, Adam singing Bat out of Hell, or Let me sleep on it. And Danny doing Two out of 3 aint bad (which is one of my altime favs).
    It's one of my all time favorites too, and I could actually see Danny doing a pretty good job with it. I'm not sure that Total Eclipse of the Heart would count though, because I don't think Meatloaf ever recorded that one, did he? Some of Meatloaf's songs though would be hard to do justice to in the abbreviated format, I think. Like Paradise by the Dashboard Light - you really have to hear the whole thing, IMO. But I'm someone who loves lyrics, so maybe if you just want the sound of it and not the meaning it would be okay.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3384121;
    I've heard/read that there will be a Hip Hop week. That will be such an awesome train wreck. I'd love to see a Guns N Roses or some other rock group week. Like the Stones or U2.
    Oh God NO!!!! Not Hip Hop night!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3384278;
    Oh God NO!!!! Not Hip Hop night!
    Oh yes! I would definitely like to see someone try Vanilla Ice's Ice Ice Baby...

Quote Originally Posted by nemo78;3384754;
    Oh yes! I would definitely like to see someone try Vanilla Ice's Ice Ice Baby...
    That wouldn't qualify for hip hop night...now not so HIP hop night...maybe

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3384137;
    How 'bout Arena Rock week...or hair band week.
    You know the groups from the 80s that used to sell out arenas all on their own and now need two or three other bands to help sell out a small outdoor theatre.

Seriously tho....one of my favorite concerts was Styx, Journedy and REO Speedwagon all together.
    Mine would be Styx, REO Speedwagon and Def Leppard. I saw them together last year. That would be Great!
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

Boy band week? A little NSYNC and BSB sprinkled with some O-Town?
    Forever a Word Nerd

BuckeyeGal, you have what would be an interesting boy band lineup in your sig right now. That's not a bad idea for a theme, though. I like arena rock week, though I don't think it would ever happen. Same with bluegrass - not enough recognizable artists. I think it's time for a Madonna week.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread