+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Judges Save Option

Re: Judges Save Option

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3386750;
    I am a torn, I think if Allison is voted off they *might* use it. But then again, do they want a 16 year old on the tour?
    They've had minors on the tour in the past - David Archuletta and Jordin Sparks both come to mind. The tour is during the summer, so there are no school issues, just chaperone issues.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Actually, the tour does cut into the early part of the school year. They normally come to my area in mid-September.

Allison said in an interview that her Mom might join her on the tour because she is so young.

As for the judges save, I would be very surprised if it's used for her. Seems to be tailor made for Danny, Adam or Lil.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Somebody has to have been with Allison during this whole process...so it isn't just on the tour that mom or somebody will have to join her

Anybody think this will even be used at all this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3400199;
    Good question. The most dramatic effect would be for the judges to refuse to use it, even with someone like Lil or Adam.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I wonder if they'll use it just for the sake of using it.
    I think Matt might be in trouble tonight and would have thought they might use it on him, but after Simon's comment last week that he and Michael were in the bottom two because "the public don't like them", I wonder whether he'd agree to use it on anyone.
    I can see him being stubborn and not agreeing to use it and without unanimous agreement it won't be used.

I can see it going either way as both outcomes could be potentially "shocking" and they do love drama on this show.

If they don't use it this year I wonder if they'll keep the feature for next season and if they do will they make any changes to it's use, e.g. the judges have to use it one week.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

The phrase that comes to mind is "use it or lose it". In other words, if it is not used, then I doubt the rule will return next season. On the other hand if they wait until the Top 6, then it's going to look like they are just doing it because they've run out of time.

Also, I doubt that they would feel compelled to save Lil. She has not come off on top in any week, so there is really no expectation that she is going to suddenly come charging out besting Danny, Adam, and Kris any time soon. At least Allison had that defining performance last week - so we know she is at least capable of greatness. Lil has never met expectations since the first live show, IMHO.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3400219;
    I wonder if they'll use it just for the sake of using it.
    I think Matt might be in trouble tonight and would have thought they might use it on him, but after Simon's comment last week that he and Michael were in the bottom two because "the public don't like them", I wonder whether he'd agree to use it on anyone.
    I can see him being stubborn and not agreeing to use it and without unanimous agreement it won't be used.

I can see it going either way as both outcomes could be potentially "shocking" and they do love drama on this show.

If they don't use it this year I wonder if they'll keep the feature for next season and if they do will they make any changes to it's use, e.g. the judges have to use it one week.
    Maybe they'll save it and roll it over to next season so they'll have two saves.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3400461;
    Maybe they'll save it and roll it over to next season so they'll have two saves.
    I hope they get rid of it since it has been done so meanly. Simon announcing that they would use it on just one of the two or three who were on the bottom has been ugly.

I am sure the choice last night would have been Allison...and they may yet have that chance within the next week or two.

Now, they only do have the two weeks left ( 8 to 7 and 7 to 6) to use it? I forgot what Ryan said about round 6

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I remember (at least I think I do) that they said they would have to use it "before the final five".

Still would be surprised if it was used on anyone other than Lil, Adam or Danny . . . but I would like to see it used on Matt if it needed to be.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread