+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Judges Save Option

Re: Judges Save Option

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3382801;
    From the way they explained it on Wednesday, I don't htink that is how it will play out. As I understood it, the week the judges decide to use it, no one will go home. The following week, two people will go home. So it will always be the lowest vote getters who do go home.
    I don't think the judges are going to use this "veto" until we get down to the final 6 or less.

I think a better way to handle this is something like Dancing With the Stars, giving each judge a maximum number of points/additional votes that each judge can apply to their personal favorite. But, they only reveal who they are giving their points to after American can vote, but before Ryan reveals America's votes.
    If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3382103;
    And Simon was not a big J-Hud fan until she made the 'Dreamgirls' movie.

So I doubt they would've used it on her either.
    Very very true. There have been plenty other "shocking" eliminations, but nobody cares now because those people haven't won Oscars. (Latoya London comes to mind.)

The only reason Chris Daughtry's elimination was unexpected is because Katharine McPhee's performance had been so bad, everyone thought it should have been her. I doubt he would have won anyway.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3382783;
    So out of everything Ryan said, maybe the Johns guy from last season was the only one who may have been saved if this had ever been in place during the previous 7 seasons.

Duh....do we need it...or is this just something special for this year when the judged are determined to have their own selection win
    I see it as one more change being thrown into the mix to make the show more "interesting".

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3382084;
    It has been talked about in several threads, thought it could use one of its own.

Is it a save option or get rid of someone horrible option?

I think to save someone it would be used on Lil, Adam or Danny. I can't see them saving anyone else unless someone gets hot.
    Are you kidding me? They will save Megan no matter what and maybe even Scott! They may have save the beloved Chicken Little with this rule...holy moly!

I would have preferred if the contestant would sing a different song or a different rule altogether where the bottom 3 sing for their lives and the judges pick who goes home.

Going a little further they can add another rule where if they don't think the contestant deserve to stay he/she will be replaced by someone else taken from the wildcard (Ricky Braddy? lol). Anyone remember Fame?

In the initial rounds, the producers and judges chose which performers would stay or go, with the final dozen or so performances surviving based on the recommendations of the judges as well as phone votes from fans. Unlike American Idol, where one viewer could call up to thousands of times in a 2-hour window, Fame limited the amount of votes to five per phone number. In the middle of the season, the show announced they would bring in a "spoiler", a new finalist who could make it to the last round if the public enjoyed his or her work. The guy got voted off a week after.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 03-14-2009 at 10:37 PM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by buggy;3383014;
    The only reason Chris Daughtry's elimination was unexpected is because Katharine McPhee's performance had been so bad, everyone thought it should have been her. I doubt he would have won anyway.
    Chris was the judge's and media's fave and was projected to win or runner-up at worse. He also was a fan favorite so him leaving was unexpected even though Taylor had a big fanbase, Kat was the last girl remaining, and the supposed weakest link in fanbase Elliott dominated that week. Since Chris trails only Kelly and Carrie in sales and airplay plus is only 400,000 behind Clay w/ 1/4 of his discography, he definitely could have won.

The way this works is:

They save one person week x
    Week y, the bottom two vote getters get sent packing. So America's votes still determine who goes home.

So for example, say they Saved Carly last season, Kristy Lee was consistently in the bottom two. The next week, whoever was in the bottom two with Kristy Lee and Kristy Lee would have gone home. In this example the save vote could be used to get rid of someone who is constantly in the bottom two, but never the lowest. (And for the record, I kind of liked Kristy Lee).

I can understand if people are pissed that they paid for votes that didn't get used one week. Maybe they will combine the two sets of votes for the second week. That way all the votes will still count.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Regular

Thanks to the new rule there's no need for me to vote. What's the point if the judges over-ride the votes? I have better things to do than waste 2 hours voting when it may not even make a difference. Just another way for the shows "Big Cheese" to manipulate the outcome. I'll pass!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug123;3383090;
    Chris was the judge's and media's fave and was projected to win or runner-up at worse. He also was a fan favorite so him leaving was unexpected even though Taylor had a big fanbase, Kat was the last girl remaining, and the supposed weakest link in fanbase Elliott dominated that week. Since Chris trails only Kelly and Carrie in sales and airplay plus is only 400,000 behind Clay w/ 1/4 of his discography, he definitely could have won.

Taylor was always heads over hills above all of them as far as votes goes. He wasn't going to get beat by anyone that year.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy4Knievel;3384015;
    Thanks to the new rule there's no need for me to vote. What's the point if the judges over-ride the votes? I have better things to do than waste 2 hours voting when it may not even make a difference. Just another way for the shows "Big Cheese" to manipulate the outcome. I'll pass!
    They can only use it 1 time the entire season until they get to the top 5 and believe me; they will only use it if Adam, Lil or Danny are voted off. The rest can say sayanora.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3382801;
    From the way they explained it on Wednesday, I don't htink that is how it will play out. As I understood it, the week the judges decide to use it, no one will go home. The following week, two people will go home. So it will always be the lowest vote getters who do go home.
    Thanks for the explanation
    I PVR'd the show and fast forwarded to see who was booted so didn't hear how it would work.

I have to say, I still don't like it.
    Chris Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson are hardly hurting from being booted "too early" from the show.
    This seems like a case of TPTB trying to erase the memory of being the show that booted an Oscar winner.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread